I know a lot of BB users are ok with a loose battery cover and any other issues your having with the new Tour. I'm not one of those people. This is so far the only annoyance I've experienced with my Tour, so it's the only one I can speak on.

I e-mailed Verizon this morning (www.verizonwireless.com>contact us link>send e-mail) regarding this issue, and how I spent an hour in a Verizon store yesterday trying to get this issue resolved only to be told it was "nothing to worry about" and given a replacement battery cover that jiggles up and down instead of the original which moved left to right. I also e-mailed RIM ([email protected]).

I included several links to threads about the issue from CB, Pinstack, and Howard Forums. I'm not sure how much action they will take, but I'm sure if enough BB users express concern about it, something has to be done. I don't care if they produce a well fitted cover to sell, I would buy it. I'd rather do that than keep replacing tape on my cover.

Those of you who don't think it's that big of an issue, don't have to post a comment in here. But those of you who are annoyed (and from the threads posted, it's more than myself) please take a few minutes and let these companies know this is unexcusable.
    07-16-09 10:53 AM
    HOpe that worked
    07-16-09 10:54 AM
    LOL, it's worth a shot. Can't say I didn't try!!
    07-16-09 10:55 AM
    You actually went to the store to get them to fix a loose battery door? What did you expect them to do, re-engineer the whole device to make the door fit tighter?

RIM makes the phone, take it up with them. Don't harass the hardworking folks at the store for something they have no control over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:59 AM
    You actually went to the store to get them to fix a loose battery door? What did you expect them to do, re-engineer the whole device to make the door fit tighter?

RIM makes the phone, take it up with them. Don't harass the hardworking folks at the store for something they have no control over.

So you buy a BMW, and every time something is wrong, and under the warranty u take it all the way back to germany to the manufacturing plant?

Right...VZW should swap it out, people have had it done. You're in the 30 day period, they should let you return it if you're not happy.
    07-16-09 11:10 AM

your a moron. LMAO! yes, i went to the store.. is that ok with you??

and hardworking?? psshh.. you must not have seen the rep who was texting on her personal phone with 6 customers in queue to be seen and didn't care that they had been there 30+ minutes..

and in case you didn't read my OP, i e-mailed verizon and rim, you ****. :P
    07-16-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD