6 day old Tour. I just took the screen protector off yesterday and today I notice dust under the screen. It stays in its holster. I do not like paying $269 for dust.

Anyone else or just me?
    07-18-09 11:02 AM
    I'm sure it will happen to others. Take the battery out and blow some canned air in to it.
    07-18-09 11:05 AM
    Ok, I think RIM is seriously slacking in the quality department. This shouldn't happen. People shouldn't have to "fix" their battery doors, turn torx screws etc etc. to a brand new phone.

I would def. take it to Verizon and "politely" ask for a swap.
    07-18-09 11:07 AM
    i want to take mine off and look now but she said to leave it on once it settles...
    07-18-09 11:08 AM
    Yeah, I'll be going to the store (its only 5 minutes away), but I wanted this one to work since I got it on launch day.

The dark side is calling (iToy)....must resist.....
    07-18-09 11:17 AM
    Relax. This isnt another Storm. Its a Traditional BlackBerry. And Mind you, all the other BlackBerrys out there have ALL had dust on the screen. Simply by the way its built, its going to happen. Its not a big deal.

Sorry for going off. I just dont want to see this turn into another Storm Forum.
    07-18-09 11:28 AM
    I dont have dust yet, but its unacceptable though.. take it back to verizon... no dust should ever be inside the screen
    07-18-09 11:30 AM
    I dont have dust yet, but its unacceptable though.. take it back to verizon... no dust should ever be inside the screen
    I AGREE 100%!
    07-18-09 11:32 AM
    Get some tools. Grab The 8830, Curve, Bold, Storm, and Tour....Attempt taking them apart. Youll see the way that the cases of the phone itself is very possible for dust to make its way in. The Screen is an actual LCD. Then The WHOLE front Housing of the phone has a Plastic or Glass like screen built into it. So when you Snap it on the front of the phone to install the housings. Its like A Glass or Plastic Screen sitting over top of an LCD. So in this case, depending on how the glue gets sealed on the sides, it can cause dust to get in. It happens. Its not a super big deal. I can garentee that is a very good possibility that if you get another one, it could very well happen to that one also.
    07-18-09 11:41 AM
    Get some tools. Grab The 8830, Curve, Bold, Storm, and Tour....Attempt taking them apart. Youll see the way that the cases of the phone itself is very possible for dust to make its way in. The Screen is an actual LCD. Then The WHOLE front Housing of the phone has a Plastic or Glass like screen built into it. So when you Snap it on the front of the phone to install the housings. Its like A Glass or Plastic Screen sitting over top of an LCD. So in this case, depending on how the glue gets sealed on the sides, it can cause dust to get in. It happens. Its not a super big deal. I can garentee that is a very good possibility that if you get another one, it could very well happen to that one also.
    I don't really care what causes dust to get in the screen, I'm saying its unacceptable! if dust gets in my phone, I'll just keep sending mine back to verizon as well just like i have been with my last storm i had.
    07-18-09 11:43 AM
    Relax. This isnt another Storm. Its a Traditional BlackBerry. And Mind you, all the other BlackBerrys out there have ALL had dust on the screen. Simply by the way its built, its going to happen. Its not a big deal.

Sorry for going off. I just dont want to see this turn into another Storm Forum.
    I never had any dust under the screen on my Bold or 8900. Now the 8310, I got a lot of dust under my screen.
    07-18-09 11:47 AM
    I never had any dust under the screen on my Bold or 8900. Now the 8310, I got a lot of dust under my screen.
    I had the 8900 for 2 months and noticed none also. The Bold I never had. I figured they are all made the same way. You probably had pretty good Glue on the edges from a dust getting trapped in.

What Im wondering is, what if you keep sending them in and replacing and they keep doing it? They all have to be built somewhat of the same way and every housing I have changed on a BB, this has happened to. Is it really worth going through all that? I had some in my Curve 8330 and I just left it as it was. Not a super big deal.
    07-18-09 12:00 PM
    It appears to be a false alarm. VZW tech cleaned it and claimed it was on the outside or surface of the screen.
    07-18-09 12:06 PM
    wow, just amazing
    07-18-09 12:09 PM
    I had the 8900 for 2 months and noticed none also. The Bold I never had. I figured they are all made the same way. You probably had pretty good Glue on the edges from a dust getting trapped in.

What Im wondering is, what if you keep sending them in and replacing and they keep doing it? They all have to be built somewhat of the same way and every housing I have changed on a BB, this has happened to. Is it really worth going through all that? I had some in my Curve 8330 and I just left it as it was. Not a super big deal.

These 9630, 9000, and 8900 shouldnt get dust under the screen due to the type of screens they are. But just as the OP stated, it was a false alarm.
    07-18-09 12:10 PM
    It appears to be a false alarm. VZW tech cleaned it and claimed it was on the outside or surface of the screen.
    HA. Thats great man. Look at it like this. Sometime is it worth Risking Being a person that keeps bringing them back to get what you paid for on something as small as that? I mean yea, you drop big money and you should get exactly what you want for your money. But Later on down the line, Verizon might look back at these things and judge there decisions off stuff like that. I guess its just staying on the good side of them

Regardless, Welcome to CB man. Ive been around here in the Storm Forum when that came out (had an 8330 Prior.........and went back to it)and it was hectic in there. The majority of the crowd are not BlackBerry Normals and understand why things might seem the way they are. I just didnt and dont want the Tour Forum to turn into what that Forum has turned into.
    07-18-09 12:11 PM
    good to hear bud.. lets hope we dont have a dust problem with this phone
    07-18-09 12:23 PM
    Lol nobody saw that he was just stirring the pot. The 9630 will not have issues with dust. Just as the 9000 and 8900 do not. That was/is a 9530 specific issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:33 PM
    hm..following this logic no car should ever need maintenance amirite?
    07-18-09 12:45 PM
    hm..following this logic no car should ever need maintenance amirite?
    Seriously.

There is DUST on my CAR I am bringing it back this is UNACCEPTABLE

07-18-09 01:06 PM
    Seriously.

There is DUST on my CAR I am bringing it back this is UNACCEPTABLE

do you guys realize we were talking about dust UNDER the screen? if you have seen what that looks like and gets bad enough to not read any text on the phone it better be returned back... and how did cars get involed with a thread about dust under a screen? theres no comparison
    07-18-09 01:09 PM
    My Curve ended up with dust under the screen....even though I'm not using it I wonder if I can get it replaced...
    07-18-09 01:11 PM
    do you guys realize we were talking about dust UNDER the screen? if you have seen what that looks like and gets bad enough to not read any text on the phone it better be returned back... and how did cars get involed with a thread about dust under a screen? theres no comparison
    it has to do with the logic involved, not the items itself.
    07-18-09 01:13 PM
    Ive seen a few disassembly videos, and the screen looks to be a sealed unit.

I don't see how you could get dust in there.
    07-18-09 01:38 PM
    I have dust under my Bold screen I work in construction, some days its a very dusty environment. It is kinda weird though as it appears as little white specs on the screen, makes it look very weird to say the least. I know its dust as I took the phone apart after seeing more appear and blew it out, got almost all of it out just a few pieces left.

Be careful with your phones as it can happen.

Thinking over it, I dont think its "dust" really, but very fine pieces of dirt/sand that get behind the lcd and act as pressure points if you will, they cause little round dots like.
    Last edited by Ducter; 08-03-09 at 04:24 PM. Reason: adding extra info
    08-03-09 04:15 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD