The Tour screen is just like the storms the edges aren't sealed, so what's to stop from dust getting underneath the screen?
    04-30-09 04:20 AM
    Um...

The Storm has a touch-screen overlay on top of the LCD. Dust sometimes gets caught between the two screens.

The 9630 doesn't have a touch screen, so I doubt it will have the same dust problems.
    04-30-09 06:50 AM
    Why aren't the edges sealed? It's not a touch screen so why wouldn't it be like the 8900/Bold screen?

I'm sure it's sealed.. There's no need to have a gap on the edges because it's not a surepress screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 08:32 AM
    Even the Curve got dust under the screen. Lets hope that with the Tour, RIM does a good job of sealing all the edges.
    04-30-09 08:38 AM
    What? The Curve? I've got one and I don't see how dust can get it? Maybe from the trackball and buttons near the screen?

04-30-09 08:41 AM
    please tell me the tour has the edges sealed...that is the thing i hate most about the storm.
    04-30-09 09:11 AM
    please tell me the tour has the edges sealed...that is the thing i hate most about the storm.
    /crosses fingers
    I see no reason why the screen would not be sealed.
    04-30-09 09:43 AM
    Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like the edges are sealed. My friend has a curve, and while not a touch screen, it still collects dust under the edges, which is so annoying
    04-30-09 12:42 PM
    That drives me crazy!
    04-30-09 07:59 PM
    This is why I loved my Bold
    04-30-09 09:36 PM
    OCD and a vaccuum......
    05-05-09 10:35 AM
    Can of compressed air...
    Walmart, $12.00...

Peeeeaaaaace.
    05-05-09 04:24 PM
    The Tour screen is just like the storms the edges aren't sealed, so what's to stop from dust getting underneath the screen?
    The 9630's screen is just like the Bold's. And no dust gets under the Bold's screen.
    05-05-09 04:45 PM
    The 9630's screen is just like the Bold's. And no dust gets under the Bold's screen.
    thought it had plasticky class over it, or do you mean on the inside
    05-05-09 04:51 PM
    Its exactly like the 9000's and you won't be getting any dust under the screen.

05-05-09 05:32 PM
    I can't wait...

05-05-09 06:42 PM
    If the 9630 is anything like the 9000 or 8900 screens, you will not get any dust under the screen. I have yet to get one speck of dust under either of them. Now on the other hand, my 8310 was a different story.
    05-05-09 06:57 PM
    If the 9630 is anything like the 9000 or 8900 screens, you will not get any dust under the screen. I have yet to get one speck of dust under either of them. Now on the other hand, my 8310 was a different story.
    yeah my 8330 has a bit of dizzust under the scrizzeen
    05-05-09 07:11 PM
    Recently took my old 8310 apart to paint it, you'd be amazed what gets on the screen, and the huge things that manage to get in and around on the PCB and in the side rails, pretty nasty for sure.

P.S. Anyone want part of a ramen noodle?
    05-06-09 04:17 AM
    What? The Curve? I've got one and I don't see how dust can get it? Maybe from the trackball and buttons near the screen?
    Believe me. It can get in. I have become somewhat of a professional at taking apart a Curve because of it . The only thing that keeps the dust out is a foam gasket. It seems to degrade over time, and starts to allow dust and other particles to come in.
    05-09-09 09:19 PM
    Believe me. It can get in. I have become somewhat of a professional at taking apart a Curve because of it . The only thing that keeps the dust out is a foam gasket. It seems to degrade over time, and starts to allow dust and other particles to come in.
    i thought plastic was glued to the lcd screen itself?

how do you clean the dust out from under the screen then?

i'm just wondering because i have ONE tiny speck of dust in there and it's driving me crazy!
    05-11-09 03:33 PM
    well, i took my curve apart and lo-and-behold.

the glass (it seems like glass) "screen" is glue TIGHT to the lcd.
    i have NO idea how that speck of dust got in there. -_-

i tried everything to get it out, i even tried prying the glass off to no avail.. haha

that thing is resistant to dust... except that one speck. rawr.
    05-11-09 08:52 PM
    Hmmmm. Strange. My LCD has no cover at all. Like I posted before, my faceplate has a thin foam gasket on the inside of it that "seals" it. I'll take a picture when my new faceplate comes in.
    05-13-09 12:21 PM
    well, i took my curve apart and lo-and-behold.

the glass (it seems like glass) "screen" is glue TIGHT to the lcd.
    i have NO idea how that speck of dust got in there. -_-

i tried everything to get it out, i even tried prying the glass off to no avail.. haha

that thing is resistant to dust... except that one speck. rawr.

there is a slight possibility that during production a small spec of something was near the edge of the screen or somewhere on the screen and that when it was being tapped around it simply moved to the place you see it now over time.
    05-14-09 03:38 PM

I definatly have dust under mine. The phone has its housing on it that is you can take off with the plastic screen attatched. Then you have the normal LCD Screen itself. So Dust gets in between the housing and sits on top of the actual LCD Screen and gets cramened in the middle with the Housing Screen. The Tour will probably be the same way.
    05-14-09 08:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD