Well, I've had my Tour for a grand total of two days, and already a bit of dust has worked itself behind the screen... TWO DAYS...

I noticed a bit of dust and thought it had somehow gotten behind the screen protector that I left on that initially came with the phone. I peeled off the cover just to discover that the dust is behind the lens... So now, no cover for the lens and dust behind it.

Great phone, but I'm tired of RIM's dust problems. TWO DAYS
    07-14-09 12:06 PM
    I had to carry my Curve inside of the leather pouch to prevent dust or I'd have to clean it every 2 weeks. I decided to use that same pouch with my Tour and I haven't seen any dust..........yet
    07-14-09 12:08 PM
    interesting.. no dust here
    07-14-09 12:09 PM
    uh oh....my storm had it BAD. I hope this doesnt happen with my tour.
    07-14-09 12:10 PM
    It seems to be just one speck. But, all the same, very frustrating... There's not a shot in **** that I'm tearing this guy apart like I used to have to do with my 8330... But I have now put it in the Curve pouch to try to eliminate further collection. I know I'm over-sensitive about my phone's looks since it's brand new... But really? First the screen ripples and now this? Doesn't take away from the fact that it's my favorite phone that I've ever owned... but damn...
    07-14-09 12:13 PM
    It seems to be just one speck. But, all the same, very frustrating... There's not a shot in **** that I'm tearing this guy apart like I used to have to do with my 8330... But I have now put it in the Curve pouch to try to eliminate further collection. I know I'm over-sensitive about my phone's looks since it's brand new... But really? First the screen ripples and now this? Doesn't take away from the fact that it's my favorite phone that I've ever owned... but damn...
    you sure its dust and not maybe a pixal that went bad?

Not that this sounds any better, but the screen rippling is not just the Tour. The upcoming Onyx has it as well, a long with the new Curve as the videos I watch of them so far have the same rippling effect... not just ours
    07-14-09 12:15 PM
    Yeah. I'm sure it's dust. It is either visible depending on the angle or invisible, implying dust to me. I already had a tour with a dead pixel and had to take it back to Best Buy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:18 PM
    Since you've only had the phone two days, regardless of the provider and though it may be a pain, I think you should take the phone back.

If you don't have time to take it back, the carriers are usually very cooperative, especially on a new phone like the Tour, and they may send you a new one, with the condition that you send the old one back.

I've had the Tour for my third day now. I have it under a leather belt clip holster with a plastic screen cover attached. It stays in the case and does not need to be removed. I bought the case at the Verizon store and has worked great. First blackberry, so don't have a history but have been very happy.
    07-14-09 12:24 PM
    Well, this is Tour number two already for me... I don't particularly want to drive for an hour both ways to a Best Buy that has a Tour in stock. I had to do that last time and it was a huge pain in the ***.

Furthermore, I just bought Beyond160 and BerryBuzz. I don't want to pay for those applications twice, particularly if it will be for naught if Tours turn out to be as likely to get dust as Curves...

This is disproportionately distressing to me...

07-14-09 12:49 PM
    isnt the tour like the 8900, no lens over the screen? the what you can touch IS the screen i believe. it seems it would be difficult for dust to get under there...
    07-14-09 12:53 PM
    my curve had dust under the screen for about a year. then one day when i was sleeping i knocked a glass of water on it. I woke up and the screen was wet (the phone was turned upside down). after drying it out with a hair dryer... voila!! dust is gone.

long story short, i recommend pouring a glass of water on your tour and drying it with a hair dryer...
    07-14-09 12:55 PM
    There is at least some sort of covering between the LCD and the outside world it seems to me

Anybody have any idea about license transfers for Beyond 411 and BerryBuzz?

Last edited by cnash6; 07-14-09 at 12:59 PM.
    07-14-09 12:55 PM
    this is going to be a common problem. go in a dark room and use the phone...you can see light leak from around the buttons and the keyboard. that is because this phone is built like the storm with gaps around the screen and buttons/keys.

i have had to use an air can several times a day since sunday to keep the dust out.

i don't get how rim built another phone like this after what happened with the storm and dust.
    07-14-09 01:00 PM
    If this phone ends up with the same friggin dust problems as my storm I am going to be so F'n pissed! That was one of the reasons I dumped the storm.
    07-14-09 01:09 PM
    I don't get it. Can you still make phone calls with a speck of dust in your screen? Can you still get emails and use BBM and stuff? Did the dust make the trackball or keyboard stop working? I thought that's what BB's were supposed to do. So it looks like your BB is just fine!
    Whats not to get? Its a $500 dollar phone and there is dust under the screen in two days? Its just **** poor quality control at RIM.
    07-14-09 01:15 PM
    ^^--- LOL shes funny and feisty
    07-14-09 01:18 PM
    I would take a guess that the dust probably creeped in there when it was being manufactured and a shake or movement got it in the perfect spot to see it.

The pain about that I'm sure for you as it would be me is that the eye ALWAYS automatically draws to it.

If it's bothering you that much, return it next time you are in that area....or call Verizon and have them ship one out for a swap.

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with your first Curve that you had to return?
    07-14-09 01:18 PM
    Did YOU pay $500 for it?

I vote the next complaint thread will be about the paint not being the right shade of red on the numbered keys.
    so if they paid, say $400, it would be ok to have defects. but anyone paying full retail deserves a phone without issues. brilliant! now go have a stout.
    07-14-09 01:19 PM
    Did YOU pay $500 for it?

I vote the next complaint thread will be about the paint not being the right shade of red on the numbered keys.
    Yes, after tax it was OVER $500.
    07-14-09 01:21 PM
    ^^--- LOL shes funny and feisty
    Your right she is funny!
    07-14-09 01:22 PM
    My first Tour had a few dead pixels and I decided that I was unhappy with that.

I don't understand people deciding to make fun of people who are concerned with the quality of their phones. If you are unconcerned, then stop posting. I'm an atheist, for example, so I elect NOT to post in Christian forums. Give it a rest

07-14-09 01:23 PM
    No, the red is fine. The green on the call answer button could be a little greener, though.
    07-14-09 01:23 PM
    I paid full retail and mine doesn't have issues. Maybe BlackBerries don't like you. Return yours immediately and stop wasting packet space.
    Mine doesn't have issue's yet either. I hope it never does. I hope its just a few bad apples here and there and not the same fiasco as the storm.

Wasting packet space? lol are you serious?
    07-14-09 01:24 PM
    Your right she is funny!
    I second that! Sassy!
    07-14-09 01:25 PM
    I guess what it comes down to is I'll exchange if I can move my applications over. Can anyone tell me if BerryBuzz and Beyond160 can be moved for free?

07-14-09 01:31 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD