Hi guys. First post on the forums here. I just switched to Sprint and got my Tour 9630 on Monday. So far I absolutely love the phone, but I'm having a problem I can't figure out how to resolve at the moment.

When I got my Tour I manually entered all my contacts because Sprint didn't have the right adapter to transfer them from my old Verizon phone. So I did that. Then yesterday I loaded the Desktop software to my work PC and synched it up, my work contacts from Outlook were transfered to the blackberry with no problems And I was easily able to delete the 2 duplicate contacts that transfered over from the PC.

This morning I installed the Mac Desktop manager on my personal computer and backed it up and synched it. Unlike the PC version, the Mac version doesn't seem to give you the option to tell it what to do with duplicate information. Or if it does I can't seem to find where to change this. So after the synch it transfered over numerous duplicate contacts from my Address Book on the Mac. I tried to delete them in the phone but they won't delete. Even when I edit the contact and just delete all the info in the contact and hit save, the Berry tells me "contact is updated externally, changes will be discarded and the window closed" and it kicks me out, leaving the contact untouched.

So how can I delete these duplicates? I already tried deleting the duplicates in my Address book on the Mac and re-synching but it didn't remove them from the B;aclberry, nor did it re-add them from the Berry to the Address book. I also tried deselecting the contact synch but that didn't work either. Nor did a battery pull. any ideas?
    11-06-09 01:48 PM
    Do you mean if you go to the address book on your phone and try to delete a contact, it simply doesn't let you?
    11-06-09 01:50 PM
    yes. thats exactly whats happening. the phone won't let me delete the duplicate contacts in it
    11-06-09 01:52 PM
    it will let me edit and delete the ones I entered into the phone myself. but it won't let me edit, change, or delete the ones that were sent into it by the Mac when I synched it
    11-06-09 01:53 PM
    Pretty sure you can use the desktop manager or some other similar tool (BBSAK, CrackUtil, or something like that) to selectively remove the address book database entirely from the phone.

Pretty sure CrackUtil lets you do this, I don't have BBSAK open right now so I can't look at it.
    11-06-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD