i dropped mine too. the screen went white, with black barcode like lines. took the battery out, you know the drill. nothing worked. i took it back to the store and they gave me a nice new one, but its scary that it could completely break from a small fall. there wasnt ever a single scratch on the outside.
    Whoa...how far? What type of surface? I saw a Storm drop 6ft onto a hard floor...and then laugh.
    07-28-09 07:25 PM
    I am reppin gophers as well-
    I have dropped my curve only once-and dang, these are built like tanks! I have had many different phones, and this is the only one I have not worried about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 07:40 PM
    I was partying here in the Spartan nation and I dropped my new BB Tour yesterday...twice! I must say that it was not a good feeling. In fact, it felt like I lost a piece of my soul. The phone still works though!
    My buddy just got a tour. I told him to get a skin as soon as it's available because otherwise when pulling it out of the holster, he could accidentally fling it. Four hours later he flung it. It slid face down on the sidewalk. Needless to say, he was not a happy camper! But it somehow only sustained a minor nick and works perfectly fine. Tough phone!

07-28-09 07:44 PM
    Four hours later he flung it. It slid face down on the sidewalk.
    Oh, I would've freaked! LOL!
    07-28-09 07:47 PM
    Sounds like you need an Otterbox
    07-28-09 07:48 PM
    Whoa...how far? What type of surface? I saw a Storm drop 6ft onto a hard floor...and then laugh.

i was holding it and it slipped, so from about 2-3 feet in my hand onto a hardwood floor.
    07-28-09 08:01 PM
    One Should not Party and Blackberry. One should have a designated Blackberrier!
    07-28-09 08:03 PM
    Go Buckeyes!!!!!
    Quote for truth!!!
    07-28-09 08:04 PM
    When I got my first BB in 2004 ( 7100t) the first day I had it I was at a bday party and knock it on a chair, out of the holster and face first onto the floor...i almost died. It scrached the screen...i just lived it lol

07-28-09 08:41 PM
    I have not dropped my Tour yet, knock on wood. I did however totally screw up my Curve. I was leaving a customer and went to pull it from my pocket and it got caught up on my pants and was heading toward the ground. I guess I had a ninja moment and tried to catch it with my foot and only managed to punt it across the parking lot. Smooth Move. It was really tore up. Thankfully VZW switched it out for me, they probably felt sorry for my idiotic move. I always wear protection now.
    07-28-09 08:53 PM
    I was partying here in the Spartan nation and I dropped my new BB Tour yesterday...twice! I must say that it was not a good feeling. In fact, it felt like I lost a piece of my soul. The phone still works though!
    **** with that, just buy an OtterBox and you'll be fine.
    07-28-09 08:56 PM
    One Should not Party and Blackberry. One should have a designated Blackberrier!
    I don't know what's funnier. That or your fatty avatar.

EDIT: I touched up a couple for ya. Here ya go:

Black background

White background
    Last edited by Jodiuh; 07-28-09 at 11:09 PM.
    07-28-09 10:54 PM
    DUDE! That's Cool

I don't have the PShop on this computer. I wiill switch. ASAP
    07-29-09 04:29 PM
    I dropped mine yesterday. I had it in the holster in my front pocket (with the clip holding onto my pocket), the clip caught in a garden chair and pulled it out of my pocket. The damage is minimal, but since I have a loose battery cover, VZW will replace it at no charge.

I hadn't had a chance to buy a protective case since I was debating on keeping it or not. I am actually 'trying out' an iPhone 3GS right now. I really like the way the iPhone does video (the Tour SUCKS at Youtube).
    07-29-09 05:48 PM
    You need a condo_ around it, that way if the condo_ breaks, it possible to have little tours running around to replace the big tour!
    07-29-09 06:15 PM
    You need a condo_ around it, that way if the condo_ breaks, it possible to have little tours running around to replace the big tour!
    ha ha ha
    07-29-09 07:01 PM
    Your lucky it didn't break.
    07-29-09 07:23 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD