I�ve had a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop connected over an AT&T DSL modem for several years. I recently bought a Belkin N+ wireless router, to enable me to:

1. Move around the house with the laptop;
    2. connect wirelessly with a new Dell Studio 15 laptop;
    3. and eventually connect my printer wirelessly.

I recently upgraded my old Treo 700P PDA (which had no dropped call problems) to a Blackberry Tour 9630, from my longtime carrier, Verizon. Then the fun began.

Shortly after I started using it I started getting calls dropped or lost (not sure what the difference is). It became an epidemic � I finally gave up on one call after 5 dropped/lost calls in a row. Went back to Verizon, and they tried updating my roaming list and said to see if that helps.

A week later I was back, and they did a Cold Reset, and told me if that didn�t do it I�d need to request a new phone. Within 2 days with no improvement I called and a new phone was sent. Guess what? The new phone is showing signs of starting up the same problem. Called Verizon again, and after updating the PRL again, they issued a work order to have the �guy� (presumably the one from the TV ads) come out to check the signal strength in my area (I live in the well-populated foothills of So Cal). They would call & let me know in a week or so. Haven�t heard anything yet. In the mean time I had another dropped call yesterday, and got to wondering whether my computer & router equipment could be causing at least part of the problem. So here I am.

Anyone have any ideas?
    11-02-09 04:35 PM
    Check out the post about unstable signal strength, it seems to be helping ALOT of people with a Tour, myself included. I have a Belkin N+ modem (the range is incredible allowing me to share internet with my neighbor across the street, oh ya) try removing the sim card, it seems useless unless you are traveling to Mexico from So Cal, it's quick and Free to try. I have fixed a "dead zone" in my house today by doing that. try it and let us know.
    11-02-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD