Help! On my second Tour in 2 weeks. Dropped calls. Few bars. Dropping calls in places I never did before. -110 dBm signal strength. Accordind to Verizon it should be around -80 dBm. It never is. Verizon suggest I try either another Tour, a Curve, a Samsung or an HTC. I'm heart broken! All our other "dumb" phones work fine - no dropped calls anywhere. Very few bars for them also, but they work. What should I do?
    07-25-09 10:32 AM
    how do i check the signal strength? im having a lot of signal strength issues. shud i return for a new one?
    07-25-09 10:43 AM
    *228 option 2 then battery pull and try again.

Also, alt+shift+h brings up the help me screen where you can see signal strength.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 10:44 AM
    To check your strength go to Options - scroll down to Status- there it is.

I have pulled my battery numerous times and *228, option 1 and 2 also. I have made all the recommended changes that have been suggested in these forums such as making the phone 1EXV instead of global, with no significant success. I have spoken with Verizon's tech support level 1 and level 2 as well. That's why I'm turning to the forum for help. I know it's just a phone but I'm really sad.
    07-25-09 10:55 AM
    I took mine back and got a new one. Its perfect now!!

07-25-09 12:24 PM
    i have had no problems good luck to you
    07-25-09 12:25 PM
    My signal is the same as, or better than, my 8830.
    07-25-09 12:31 PM
    I hate to jump in on this but I'm having the same issues. I'm on my 2nd tour with no change in service. I have several friends with sprint and verizon, all are reporting the same. My curve was so solid everywhere I went. Might try one more tour, If no change I will prob go back to curve. This sucks I really loveeverything else about this phone.

07-25-09 12:38 PM
    Traded in my 2nd Tour this morning for a Curve. Will let you know how it goes.
    07-25-09 06:39 PM
    I feel sorry for ya I have a curve and a tour. The tour beats the curve in every way

07-25-09 07:17 PM
    Im sorry to hear about your problem..I have also read on other threads about people complaining about the signal strength.. personally i have not experienced any low or drop signal quality...seem to be having great reception everywhere i use the phone..im wondering if it's just that particular device or maybe a certain batch of tours that were manifactured, hope you find a resolution to this problem becuase the tours a great device.
    07-25-09 08:19 PM
    on my 3rd tour... no difference in reception... it's really a shame.. I love the phone in general, it's awesome, but if it doesn't hold a call, I can't keep it
    07-26-09 12:25 AM
    Well, I ended up retuning the Curve the day I got it and now am on my 3rd Tour. I agree that the Tour is great but I do think there is something wrong with the signal strength portion of the phone. The Curve's signal strength was much better than the Tour's but the Curve is just not a Tour. I am hoping there will be a software patch for it soon. Thanks everyone!
    07-26-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD