I used to be very happy with my Tour. I even installed OS 5.0 on it. And I was still a very happy Tour owner. It ran even better on 5.0. Everything was wonderful.

Then, I started getting a java error. Not often, but I should have looked into it.

Needless to say, I didn't.

Today, it decides to STOP ME from viewing my SMS. Trying to trick it, I combined messages and SMS. Then I couldn't view anything. Every time I tried to view messages, the java error came up.

I became so frustrated, I started deleting apps. Then I came home and downgraded my OS.

Everything was good for a moment.. Until the java message came up after my phone rebooted.

I called Verizon and the rep told me to do a battery pull. I told him I'd done that. He told me to simply make sure all the boxes in my browser options were checked. The second one wasn't.

I am patiently waiting to see if the error re-appears tonight.

I've also been trying out theme-ing but every time I'd connect to Desktop Manager, it would eat BBM! My option for BBM on DM was always "Downgrade" or "Uninstall." Downgrade still made it disappear and I had to waste 30 minutes or so each time re-booting and re-booting to make it come back.

I'm slowly beginning to hate my Tour I always thought those people who would say, "I hate my Tour!" were crazy but now... I don't know!
    12-23-09 09:01 PM
    I noticed on my Desktop manager I have 2 options for BBM, there is one thats near the top of all the options, then if i scroll down there is a second listing for it. That 2nd one is the one i always work with.
    12-23-09 09:07 PM
    hmm I will have to try that if I attempt anymore theme loading! It drives me crazy.
    12-23-09 09:18 PM
    Haha, well the rep totally screwed you as far as troubleshooting.

I don't know what your problem is (or I should say I don't know how to fix it) but I had something similar with my Tour running a hybrid a while ago.

It is getting some type of error trying to open your messages I guess. But what is funny (to me not to you maybe) is the rep heard "java" and automatically assumed you were talking about the Browser, which is why he told you to check the settings. Because Java can't work in the browser without those settings.....but that has nothing to do with your problem haha.

Maybe try wiping your device and re-installing OS. Or taking it to the store and actually showing them.
    12-23-09 09:36 PM
    EXACTLY. I said the same thing. I clearly told him it was my SMS not my browser. I had to repeat several times that I'd never had *any* problem with the browser. Just my SMS.

And of course, it's one of those problems that I can't do anything about when it happens. It just does. Usually when I take a phone in to the store, it works fine. So short of taking an actual picture of it, I don't know what else to do. Just hope that the wipe and downgrade works!!
    12-23-09 09:38 PM
    EXACTLY. I said the same thing. I clearly told him it was my SMS not my browser. I had to repeat several times that I'd never had *any* problem with the browser. Just my SMS.

And of course, it's one of those problems that I can't do anything about when it happens. It just does. Usually when I take a phone in to the store, it works fine. So short of taking an actual picture of it, I don't know what else to do. Just hope that the wipe and downgrade works!!
    Well you can look for a program called Capture It that takes a picture of your screen and show them that.....

But I think the wipe/downgrade should work. Just make sure to uninstall the 5.0 OS from your computer...
    12-23-09 09:40 PM
    Well you can look for a program called Capture It that takes a picture of your screen and show them that.....

But I think the wipe/downgrade should work. Just make sure to uninstall the 5.0 OS from your computer...
    LOL I considered Capture It but when the error comes up, all I can do is press "OK." Unless I assign it to the side key but then I will end up with millions of screen caps and no locked berry :P
    12-23-09 09:44 PM
    LOL I considered Capture It but when the error comes up, all I can do is press "OK." Unless I assign it to the side key but then I will end up with millions of screen caps and no locked berry :P
    O......I have it set as a side key on mine and I only get a mistake capture every once and a while haha.

I think the downgrade is going to work so it really doesn't matter, but if it comes to you needing to bring it to a store write down the error code when you get it and tell them it happens on occasion when you open the message folder.

If I remember correctly I got the error when I had a certain program running....I forget what it was though. But I bet it had access to the message folder. Maybe an IM client.
    12-23-09 09:50 PM
    O......I have it set as a side key on mine and I only get a mistake capture every once and a while haha.

I think the downgrade is going to work so it really doesn't matter, but if it comes to you needing to bring it to a store write down the error code when you get it and tell them it happens on occasion when you open the message folder.

If I remember correctly I got the error when I had a certain program running....I forget what it was though. But I bet it had access to the message folder. Maybe an IM client.
    lol one day I forgot I'd set it on the side and it took me forever to figure out why my berry was buzzing for no reason and not locking!! I hope the downgrade does work.

I can't really think of anything I would have been running. I don't use an IM clients. I uninstalled almost EVERYTHING new though. The Sprint NFL app, some app that checked my system status that came with a theme, said theme..
    12-23-09 09:58 PM
    Dude, how insane, that EXACT thing happened to me this afternoon as well. After a bit it just.... stopped.... weird.
    12-23-09 09:58 PM
    I'm glad yours stopped! After re-booting last night, it came up. It said: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.error"

Fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 10:16 AM
    Aaaaand now it's back. lame.
    12-24-09 06:52 PM
    but will it still let you check your SMS or is it just doing the error?
    12-24-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD