I just downloaded 5.0 last night and everything seems to be working fine except when I try to send an SMS text it automatically goes to BB Messenger. Does anyone have a clue how to fix it so it worked like it did with the previous operating system? Thanks!
    03-30-10 01:05 PM
    it's driving me nuts.
    03-30-10 01:08 PM
    I believe what you are seeing is the new threaded SMS feature that comes with 5.0
    03-30-10 01:10 PM
    Its a feature of BMM 5.0 and OS 5.0. If you don't like it, un sync your Contacts with your BBM contacts.
    03-30-10 01:12 PM
    I just downloaded 5.0 last night and everything seems to be working fine except when I try to send an SMS text it automatically goes to BB Messenger. Does anyone have a clue how to fix it so it worked like it did with the previous operating system? Thanks!
    Are you sure it goes to bbm? The new OS has threaded sms text so it looks like bbm.
    The only way the SMS will show up in BBM is if you have BBM contatcs linked to people in your address book or you added someone to BBM with their phone number. But if you didn't then it's that the new threaded SMS looks like BBm
    Are you sure it goes to bbm? The new OS has threaded sms text so it looks like bbm.
    Yes. I have the same "issue." Although I think RIM intended this.
    03-30-10 01:15 PM
    How do I un-sync my contacts with my BBM contacts? Hopefully not a stupid question but this new 5.0 has it's good and bad....I guess I can't expect it to be perfect!
    03-30-10 01:21 PM
    in BBM i dont see an option to sync or unsync sms contacts

i actually think it sort of does open BBM.. it's not BBM but BBM shows a new message as well and you can have the same exact SMS conversation in BBM.

it's confusing.
    03-30-10 01:58 PM
    Bump...can anyone tell me how to take a sms contact out of bbm? I tried delete but I ended up deleting my whole convo history with them and had to restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 03:53 PM
    All you have to do is to go to the contact profile in BBM, press Menu and select "Remove Contacts Link".
    03-30-10 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD