does anyone know how or if there's an app that will allow you have more then your 9 speedial numbers my sister has a curve and wanted to know if she can put double digit speedials was just wondering she seems to make it such a big deal for some reason anyone know please
    08-20-09 11:34 PM
    Huh? The Tour will let you use A-Z for speed dials.

Hit Send -> Options -> Speed Dial Numbers

Or just hold down a key that is not assigned and it will let you assign it.
    08-20-09 11:39 PM
    ya i understand that but she wanted to know if theres a way so that when she's driving she can just press for example like 32 and it would speed dial a contact that would b saved under that number just wondering if it's possible
    08-20-09 11:41 PM
    Is the issue that she wants more than 9 speed dials?

Or is the issue that she wants to use a 2-digit speed dial prompt?

I'm not following you. The curve has 26 speed dial locations. The speed dial prompts are the letters A-Z on the keypad. The numbers on the keypad are not speed dial prompts. I suppose one could argue that 1 = W and 2 = E and so forth. But, in actuality the prompts are alpha.

Trick: from home screen press green phone button .. Scroll up above the first call log entry and press menu ... Select "view speed dial list". Then scroll to the letter you want to program and press trackball. Select "new speed dia" and it oes to address book.

Once an entry is made you can scroll to that entry and select "move" to switchh the speed dial shortcut.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 11:56 PM
    Double check that the ability to speed dial is turned on. In BlackBerry lingo this is called "dial fron home screen".

Press phone button .. Menu ... Options .. General settings ... Dial from home screen - set to yes

08-20-09 11:59 PM
    Double check that the ability to speed dial is turned on. In BlackBerry lingo this is called "dial fron home screen".

Press phone button .. Menu ... Options .. General settings ... Dial from home screen - set to yes

You can use the speed dial function if dial from home screen is turned off or on, it doesn't matter.
    08-21-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD