I just bought my new blackberry tour and took my 8 gb micro sd card from my old phone into my bb. Everywhere says I need to format my memory card by going to memory, clicking the options button and clicking format, but when I hit options in the memory menu all that comes up is close or save. I need help! My memory is full! Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 07:43 PM
    Try the included 2GB memory card and the same options. IF it works then its your memory card. It seems as though the phone isn't recognizing your memory card. That option doesnt come up unless the memory card is recognized by the phone, kinda like a removable hard drive popping up under "My Computer" but not being there when you remove it.
    09-05-09 07:46 PM
    Yeah I put that one back in too thinking it was the problem but it wouldn't recognize the included one either

09-05-09 07:50 PM
    If anyone knows how to fix this your help would be much appreciated!

09-05-09 08:36 PM
    Insert the original into your computer and check the file format and copy all the folders onto your computer. Insert the new card, format it with the same file format and copy the original folders to the new card.

This may not work but its worth a try.

Let us know if it works.

09-05-09 10:35 PM
    Were you connected to a computer by usb cable? If so, the BB cannot see the card and might result in what you are seeing.
    09-06-09 12:15 AM
    No when I got the phone from Verizon one of the first things I did was switch out the media card it came with for my 8 gb card from my old phone. After doing this it wouldn't recognize the card (it wasn't connected to a computer), so I put the old card back in, and that card wouldn't be recognized either. I'll try and see if connecting the bb to the computer, I can see the card on the computer.
    09-06-09 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD