View Poll Results: Does your tour stay on 1XEV all the time? Like it should?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is always on 1XEV

91 43.33%
  • No it jumps down to 1X occasionally

110 52.38%
  • I'm not sure, haven't really noticed

9 4.29%
    Mine only switches out of 1XEV when I am driving through a very rural area... But I did vote no lol...
    08-02-09 11:33 AM
    mine is rock solid everywhere but school where it's been spotty, where before with the storm it wasn't. hopefully a new os will leak with a better radio.

when it is in EV, it seems faster than my storm was though...
    08-02-09 01:03 PM
    as far as i can tell it always stays in 1XEV, but i like in NYC so that could play a factor
    08-02-09 01:06 PM
    Why should it always be at 1XEV?

If you reach a no 3G zone, it will drop to 1X.
    Of course when you go out of a 3g zone it drops to 1x. But a lot of people have been having it drop to 1X when it normally is on 1XEV. This hasn't happened with other types of phones. Its an issue with the tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:45 PM
    1XEV all the time, even with low signal. Bars drop to 1 bars depending where I am but stays on 1XEV.

08-02-09 02:35 PM
    haven't noticed it switching to anything other than 1XEV
    08-02-09 03:15 PM
    In the 24 hours I've had it, it has not changed from 1XEV so yes mine has kept that status like it should.

08-02-09 03:17 PM
    work has crappy service for anyone so depending where I am in a certain building, it'll switch from 1x to 1xev to no service and back anyways.
    08-03-09 12:16 PM
    realized that mine has been jumping around lately
    08-03-09 12:32 PM
    wow, im going to new hampshire for a week, next week. mine is always flopping between 1xev and 1x, like ill see it says 1xev and i press the browser button and then switch back to the home screen and its dropped 2-3 bars and is on 1x again.. guess i should return this thing for one that works right eh?
    08-03-09 01:01 PM
    Mine has been going in and out of 1x and 1xEV. Service is NOT an issue because I live in new york city. I'm hoping this is software related because its annoying. It usually happens when I am trying to load a webpage and then it bumps me down to 1x, but sometimes I even browse the web with a 1x signal. Its very weird. And yes I have already done all the suggested signal changing things

08-03-09 01:03 PM
    I've had mine for a little over two weeks now and I have not seen it drop below 1XEV.
    08-03-09 01:14 PM
    Mines worked fine. At one work location it goes down to 1X but i always didn't get that great reception there. I updated the PRLs and it's been better
    Last edited by Tdubby; 08-03-09 at 01:36 PM.
    08-03-09 01:21 PM
    Wow almost 60 percent have it jump down, mine goes down to 1X in the house sometimes but not a lot.
    08-03-09 01:22 PM
    well since i was sitting waiting for the girl to get her hair done, 2 stores down from a vzw store, i went over and said "im having radio issues, and get a lot of 1x service" they replaced it within 30 seconds. didnt have any on hand, so hes shipping it out..
    which is good cause i havent backed it up recently..
    do you think ill get a brand new one, or a refurb from someone else here
    08-03-09 01:33 PM
    Mine will not leave 1X. I might get EV for 10 seconds a day..and thats no BS. I already exchanged it once, did my prl updates, etc. Telus provider. IF i shut of my connection, and re-start it, i'll get EV for maybe 5 seconds then back to 1X. I'm gonna try another new one. This phone gives me aches. No screen issues, but the trackball is just fair. Also...forget about trying to set a ringtone or vibe mode that will actually stay. I have all my alerts set to silent except for phone and the bloody thing still beeps or dings or clangs after it vibes in each message center. I dunno what to do anymore... i'm nearing my 30 days!! Not a happy BB customer!!
    08-04-09 03:15 PM
    i updated something last night, (from the battery thread) and ive been watching it today, and ive been all over nj and pa and its not left evdo the entire day! for those with this issue, try updating from BB desktop ( should add the bb Portuguese as well as the core software)
    08-04-09 03:18 PM
    i updated something last night, (from the battery thread) and ive been watching it today, and ive been all over nj and pa and its not left evdo the entire day! for those with this issue, try updating from BB desktop ( should add the bb Portuguese as well as the core software)
    wait what did you update? where did you get it?
    08-04-09 07:29 PM
    Search the tou forum for a thread about bad battery life
    Its an update through the BB desktop
    App. Core 4.7 I think
    Course as soon as I posted that I saw it drop to 0 connection and then flounder around between nothing 1X and evdo but that was in a terrible reception point anyway

08-04-09 07:35 PM
    Mine will not leave 1X. I might get EV for 10 seconds a day..and thats no BS. I already exchanged it once, did my prl updates, etc. Telus provider. IF i shut of my connection, and re-start it, i'll get EV for maybe 5 seconds then back to 1X. I'm gonna try another new one. This phone gives me aches. No screen issues, but the trackball is just fair. Also...forget about trying to set a ringtone or vibe mode that will actually stay. I have all my alerts set to silent except for phone and the bloody thing still beeps or dings or clangs after it vibes in each message center. I dunno what to do anymore... i'm nearing my 30 days!! Not a happy BB customer!!
    So i called telus from a land line and we reset my phone by accessing a service menu and giving the phone a dummy number, doing a batt pull and then reassigning my phone with my number and another battery pull and i haven't lost the 1XEV signal since. Strength is still all over the map from 0 bars to 3-4 and back to 1 bar etc etc, but the 1XEV seems to be locked now. Not sure what i should do now.. My 30 days are nearing. Will software fix the erratic signal issues?
    08-05-09 11:19 AM
    Always 1XEV for me...
    08-05-09 11:21 AM
    I think Im going to play with the 2nd phone I get and see how the signal strengths perform on the new one.
    But i think now that My phone is "better" i might just keep it, and send the "new" one back..less aggrivation
    08-05-09 04:19 PM
    This thread is dumb because not everyone has EV-DO in their area.
    08-05-09 04:21 PM
    bump, anyone made any progress?
    08-15-09 04:30 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD