I just got a refurb Tour with good working trackball but experiencing moving silver ring issue. The silve ring surrounding the trackball moves along when using the trackball. Has anyone had this issue with their Tour? The trackball works great but I am afraid if something is broken inside. This is why I hate refurbs!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 09:58 PM
    Send it back for a replacement.... Or have a tech look at it to be sure.
    09-01-09 10:12 PM
    Nope, mine doesn't budge. Time for a new one!
    09-01-09 10:18 PM
    No. Get it replaced.

09-01-09 10:21 PM
    Mine moves too! At first I was like what is this. But the trackball is flawless. I have had 3 replacements and all of them was junk. So I am keeping this one. If it messes up it still has the year warranty.
    09-01-09 10:22 PM
    This thread may help with any issues you having...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...ight=Trackball
    09-01-09 10:28 PM
    Mine moves too! At first I was like what is this. But the trackball is flawless. I have had 3 replacements and all of them was junk. So I am keeping this one. If it messes up it still has the year warranty.
    Same here! My other 3 was junk all related to defective trackball. I was just wondering if someone like you and I with moving silver ring failed with their trackball after short use. I'm about to install my phantom skinz and I don't want to have it all done and end up exchanging it again lol.

09-01-09 10:37 PM
    mine doesnt move...
    but my trackball isnt flawless...

if it get out of control replace it...
    but if you like a working trackball keep it...

catch22
    09-01-09 10:42 PM
    Mine is a green dot replacement and yes the silver ring moves a little bit (mostly in the up and right direction. But the trackball is flawless. Had it for a little over a week and no issues yet. My original tour with a crap trackball response had a silver ring that was rock solid in place.

09-01-09 11:21 PM
    Doesn't move at all on mine. I even prodded it a little with a pocket knife wheb I read this thread lol. Rock solid.

09-02-09 12:03 AM
    Doesn't move at all on mine. I even prodded it a little with a pocket knife wheb I read this thread lol. Rock solid.

LOL. At first, I was gonna have it replaced one more time but it is my first Tour with working(?) trackball. I think rim really messed up their quality control with this device. I know I am being little OCD here but I never had to exchange any type of electric device this much.

09-02-09 12:42 AM
    Yeah RIM dropped the ball, that's for sure. Luckily, I think they've seen the errors in their ways and have fixed the issues, hence the "green dot" models.

09-02-09 12:44 AM
    My "green dot" I just received today is absolutely flawless. It is like a beautiful Pearl... er, Tour.. er... whatever!
    09-02-09 01:34 AM
    Now I donno if I should call my Tour flawless or not LOL. It isn't as annoying as having a loose battery door but it certainly Is a LOOSE silver ring!

09-02-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD