View Poll Results: Do you use your Blackberry for music?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I listen to music on my Blackberry

131 82.39%
  • No, I use my Blackberry as a business/secondary phone and have an iPhone that I listen to music on

1 0.63%
  • No, I listen to my music on an iPod

19 11.95%
  • No, I listen to my music on another type of MP3 player

8 5.03%
    I scrapped my XM radio once I got my BB/Slacker. The ONLY thing that I miss somewhat from XM was 202/The Virus/O&A.
    10-28-09 09:46 AM
    Sure I use my Tour for music sometimes. It works great!
    10-28-09 09:03 PM
    What's the best way to put music onto the phone?
    I've tried 'em all. Media Sync, dump the music in explorer, etc. The best solution, and I only found it last week, is WinAmp (free download @ Winamp Media Player - MP3, Video, and Music Player - Winamp). The synchronization is great and fast after the first sync. You can simply import your entire iTunes folder into WinAmp. I run about 8 gigs of music.

My biggest gripe is that OS 4.7 on the Tour stinks (read all the 552 error threads). I run OS 5.0.0.230 (leaked) and I stream my music through a Motorola T505 Rokr. The music gets interrupted all the time. It didn't under 4.7.
    10-28-09 10:37 PM
    Coming from a Windows Mobile device, I think my Tour does a really great job at this. I had an iPhone as well and would say that the sound quality is actually better using the OEM headset, though the user interface is lacking a bit. That doesn't really matter though; I just find an album, set it to shuffle and go on about my business. The best way I have found to get music on the phone is to have a microSD card in, and use Windows Media player to sync up music because with the micro SD card Windows Media Player thinks it's just some storage device (with proper setting set on the phone) instead of a phone. Works great.
    10-28-09 11:01 PM
    The Tour any other BB can never match the sound quality of an iPod

I used my Tour today, and yes it sounded wonderful but my iPod sounds WAY better.

Especially since I use some top notch headphones where you can here the difference.
    10-28-09 11:09 PM
    Yea but its hard getting used to not having player control buttons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:17 PM
    Every day
    10-28-09 11:19 PM
    The Tour any other BB can never match the sound quality of an iPod

I used my Tour today, and yes it sounded wonderful but my iPod sounds WAY better.

Especially since I use some top notch headphones where you can here the difference.
    That's what I was afraid of. That's especially damning of the Blackberry because iPods' sound quality is lacking compared to most other mp3 players.
    11-18-09 03:17 PM
    My Tour Is My "iPod"

11-18-09 03:37 PM
    I'd love to get Howard Stern for free over the Tour.
    Flycast 2.0 has a Howard Stern 101 channel.
    11-18-09 03:56 PM
    Pandora All the time when I'm working out. Love it !!!

11-18-09 10:14 PM
    I use mine for listening to music as well with a 16gig microSD and some Sennheiser headphones. The old ipod has become practically useless.

When I first saw the topic, I was hoping that someone was talking about creating music on the bb. Unfortunately, I don't know of any such software. I haven't even been able to find a decent metronome and tuner! Does anyone know of any?

Same here, 9000 + Senn IE 6 & Senn PX100II = Fantastic,,!!!

BTW: Flycast 2.12 and a battery pull works great.

11-18-09 10:37 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD