From what I understand, when the storm came out, it had tons of problems and many believe it is because the storm was rushed to market way too soon.

While the Tour's problems are not at the level of the Storm, there have been quite of few consistent problems reported. As such, do any of you believe that the Tour was rushed to launch just a wee bit too early? For those of us who do not have a Tour, do you think that we should just wait a few more weeks or so? (If yes, how much would it help?)
    07-13-09 08:55 AM
    no, not at all. we have been waiting for this Tour since last october. If anything, it was a little to late lol
    07-13-09 08:56 AM
    Waiting a long time.
    07-13-09 08:57 AM
    It is nothing like the Storm. They shipped the Storm with crappy firmware and had the store upgrade them all before being sold. Verizon just wanted to push it out fast
    07-13-09 09:09 AM
    Personally I was not able to get my Tour yesterday even though I really wanted to and now I am thinking about waiting a bit. My Curve is still going strong and I have a Storm for back up.
    I really really want to go today at lunch to get it but I am still deciding whether or not to wait.
    I'll probably get it if I can get a long enough lunch today. Figure if I am really disappointed by the bugs (if I have them) I can always take it back.
    I definitely plan to play with it (actual device I will be buying, not the floor models) and check all the known issues before completing the sale/upgrade process.
    07-13-09 09:11 AM
    The bugs you are seeing are the exception, not the rule. I would push for the longer lunch.
    07-13-09 09:14 AM
    Omg OP its only been one day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 09:14 AM
    The Tour is perfect.
    07-13-09 10:00 AM
    Perfection. You are not gonna get a better device at launch anywhere else. Ive had had more phones that i can count and this is by far the best on launch day.
    07-13-09 10:03 AM
    just check the battery door and make sure it is flash on both sides.
    07-13-09 10:15 AM
    The Tour was not rushed at all. Are there any holidays around? Are there any new phones coming out that would be competition? There was NO reason for this to be rushed...so it wasn't. My Tour is flawless. If you're having any problems with it, take it back because I have not had any problems.
    07-13-09 10:21 AM
    Im a Verizon Rep and I definitely believe the Tour was not rushed.. We recieved word on its release about 6 months ago and have been waiting ever since just to be able to have another high end BB other than the Storm. During Launch day we sold about 25 of them and all of them set up seamlessly with absolutely no problems. Its amazing and I decided to upgrade to it yesterday to get out of my storm.
    07-13-09 10:31 AM
    The bugs you are seeing are the exception, not the rule. I would push for the longer lunch.
    I think you have watched the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" too many times.
    07-13-09 10:31 AM
    Lol......I think its right ontime. Also be mindful OS 5.0 will be rolling out soon

07-13-09 10:35 AM
    Keep in mind, there's ALWAYS going to be manufacturing defects. Assembly lines are not perfect. The model could be absolute perfection in development, but once its mass produced, there is always going to be a problem. Like someone said in another post, the problems with the Tour are the exception, not the rule.
    07-13-09 10:39 AM
    Perfection. You are not gonna get a better device at launch anywhere else. Ive had had more phones that i can count and this is by far the best on launch day.
    I agree 2000% I love this phone and its sexy! Get It! and a longer lunch!
    07-13-09 10:41 AM
    My tour works perfects I don't see any of these problems other than the back cover is just a tad loose but that doent bother me because I have a case around it

07-13-09 10:42 AM
    only thing was rushed was the fact that it was released on SO many carriers at once.
    07-13-09 10:49 AM
    The only thing that seems to be rushed around here is the OP rushing to post this silly thread.
    Last edited by EPH1.3; 07-13-09 at 10:55 AM.
    07-13-09 10:53 AM
    Keep in mind, there's ALWAYS going to be manufacturing defects. Assembly lines are not perfect. The model could be absolute perfection in development, but once its mass produced, there is always going to be a problem. Like someone said in another post, the problems with the Tour are the exception, not the rule.
    Don't worry they only rushed the OP's Tour because they new how badly it was needed!
    07-13-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD