Experienced BB users:

Do we have an equivalent of this profile option on the Tour? I'm trying to send all/some calls directly to voicemail w/out my phone ringing.
    08-28-09 12:02 AM
    Go to Profiles --> Advanced...
    Highlight the profile you wish to edit, and press the Menu button (the one with the dots on it). Then select Edit.
    Scroll down and select Phone.
    Scroll to the bottom and change the Do Not Disturb option to Yes.

This should send all incoming phone calls directly to voicemail.
    08-28-09 12:14 AM
    I never saw this option on the Tour and I don't see it even when following the instructions above. It's been said before that the feature isn't in the Tour and as far as I know the same goes for many new Berries.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 08-28-09 at 12:46 AM.
    08-28-09 12:25 AM
    Highlight the profile you wish to edit, and press the Menu button (the one with the dots on it). Then select Edit.

This should send all incoming phone calls directly to voicemail.
    Does this guy even have a Tour?!? (Pssst: the answer is no. Don't tell anyone, okay?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 12:43 AM
    Does this guy even have a Tour?!? (Pssst: the answer is no. Don't tell anyone, okay?)

Haha, so true!
    08-28-09 12:45 AM
    [QUOTE=tetsujin619]

This should send all incoming phone calls directly to voicemail.[/QUOTE

Thanks for writing this. I was also unable to follow your directions-- I couldn't find a Profiles --> Advanced menu.
    08-28-09 12:46 AM
    I never saw this option on the Tour and I don't see it even when following the instructions above. It's been said before that the feature isn't in the Tour and as far as I know the same goes for many new Berries.
    Well that sucks! I was helping my brother set up his Curve, and just assumed the menu structure would be the same.

Sorry lamante...
    08-28-09 12:48 AM
    They did away with a great feature. I'll send RIM an email about it.

Can anyone recomend a workaround (or 3rd party app) that will send callers straight to voicemail?
    08-28-09 12:52 AM

Yes I do!

I just got it, so I am new to this particular device. I've been combing the forums reading what other users have to say about it - loving mine so far. I was installing some apps on my brother's Curve when I saw lamante's post. Guess I should have checked before posting. So now I have egg on my face
    08-28-09 12:55 AM
    Hi lamante,
    I was so busy being witty, I forgot to actually answer you!

Change your Sounds (aka Profiles) to Silent or even All Alerts Off and calls will go to voicemail. On Silent, the screen will still light up if out of holster and the caller will listen to the full amount rings still, but you won't be disturbed. Not exactly sure of the difference with All Alerts Off. Maybe someone has tried and can clarify.

08-28-09 01:01 AM
    Yes I do!

I just got it, so I am new to this particular device. I've been combing the forums reading what other users have to say about it - loving mine so far. I was installing some apps on my brother's Curve when I saw lamante's post. Guess I should have checked before posting. So now I have egg on my face
    No worries! (Just don't do it again!)

Yes the changes to Profiles/Sounds is one of the worst "improvents" made from the OS 4.2-.5 devices.

08-28-09 01:03 AM
    Hi lamante,
    I was so busy being witty, I forgot to actually answer you!

Change your Sounds (aka Profiles) to Silent or even All Alerts Off and calls will go to voicemail. On Silent, the screen will still light up if out of holster and the caller will listen to the full amount rings still, but you won't be disturbed. Not exactly sure of the difference with All Alerts Off. Maybe someone has tried and can clarify.

The silent profile won't ring but the LED will flash. The All Alerts Off profile will light up the screen but no other alerts will go off [No LED, Ring, etc].
    08-28-09 01:03 AM
    The silent profile won't ring but the LED will flash. The All Alerts Off profile will light up the screen but no other alerts will go off [No LED, Ring, etc].
    I figured but didn't want to post my assumptions. And I wasn't sure on whether or not the screen lit.

Thanks for clarifying Eclipse!

08-28-09 01:05 AM
    can't you just turn off the wireless radio when you dont want to be disturbed? That will send everyone to VM...also very easy to turn off and on
    08-28-09 01:05 AM
    can't you just turn off the wireless radio when you dont want to be disturbed? That will send everyone to VM...also very easy to turn off and on
    Also, very true! Way to think outside the box!

08-28-09 01:07 AM
    Also, very true! Way to think outside the box!

That would work but the main point of the "Do not Disturb" profile is for callers to be sent straight to voicemail while still informing you that a call was missed.
    08-28-09 01:09 AM
    That would work but the main point of the "Do not Disturb" profile is for callers to be sent straight to voicemail while still informing you that a call was missed.
    Or if you are tethering and a call comes in, it interrupts your data session and I miss being able to turn on "do not disturb" to stop this from happening. There is also a way to make data priority over calls by dialing a sequence of numbers but I forget what that sequence is.
    08-28-09 02:05 AM
    Or if you are tethering and a call comes in, it interrupts your data session and I miss being able to turn on "do not disturb" to stop this from happening. There is also a way to make data priority over calls by dialing a sequence of numbers but I forget what that sequence is.
    I've missed a few calls with my Tour when I was surfing the web from the device browser. I never had this issue with the Storm so I'm assuming it has to do with the phone itself. Maybe the new Green Dot device will fix this issue as I have to get one anyways to fix the trackball.

Also, does anyone else find that their device switches network selection at times? I have mine set to 1XEV but I'll go into the settings randomly when I have issues and it will have automatically switched back to Global without me changing the settings.
    08-28-09 02:32 AM
    I agree...we need this one back!
    08-28-09 10:11 AM
    Also, does anyone else find that their device switches network selection at times? I have mine set to 1XEV but I'll go into the settings randomly when I have issues and it will have automatically switched back to Global without me changing the settings.
    You sound like you know what you're doing, but just to make sure, you're checking Options -> Mobile Network -> Network Technology: 1XEV right?

08-28-09 11:57 AM
    i am running OS 5.0.0.238 on my Bold and i just noticed that there isnt a "Do not disturb" option like when i was running on OS 4.6.
    10-06-09 09:14 AM
    My tour doesn't light up when on silent mode. Is there a way to change that? And being in silent wont allow me to receive calls?
    10-15-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD