I want to change the default DNS used by my Berry. Does anyone know which service book those are stored in? With Magic-Berry we can edit service-books and I can live with having to re-load my custom service-book from time to time if they were overwritten by my service provider (Sprint).

Any help?
    03-31-11 10:29 AM
    Not sure that is possible without breaking your phones functionality. I'm sure your DNS is resolved using BIS/BES. Changing DNS (if that is even possible) would probably break your BIS/BES functions..

Can I ask why you are looking to do this?
    03-31-11 10:31 AM
    I'm not using Enterprise-Server so no worry there. I simply want to change my DNS to resolve with OpenDNS which seems to be faster with my desktop and laptop.

Why not try it on my Tour? If it doesn't work then just undo the service-book edit (or whatever).
    Last edited by dew777; 03-31-11 at 10:46 AM.
    03-31-11 10:37 AM
    If you are using BIS, your blackberry services route through that server. Everything you e-mail or browse comes to your device from the BIS server.

I really don't think there is a service book for DNS. All my service books refer to a gateway IP. Not a DNS server.
    03-31-11 10:46 AM
    Are you familar with QPST and the Blackberry internal settings? Under the PPP tab there is DNS settings but they don't seem to work.
    03-31-11 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD