today is the 28th day of my 30 trial. I've had two tours both the same muffled voice problem. I am going to return it because I can't have a phone that doesn't have even ok call quality. I love love the phone but maybe i can deal with my pearl again for a couple weeks. U guys think they will have fixed all the problems by then??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:07 AM
    Nope.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    08-11-09 10:09 AM
    Yay!

10 chars
    08-11-09 10:13 AM
    good for you, hope the custody battle isnt too lengthy.
    08-11-09 10:14 AM
    I have had no probs with my voice quality. Maybe a battery pull.

08-11-09 10:18 AM
    You are certain its not a pinky problem. That is your pinky or another finger or palm is not blocking the mic hole? This is a big issue with the storm not sure about the tour but worth mentioning.

08-11-09 10:23 AM
    I think that could be an issues i am having with both my tour and storm. I will have to make sure and actively think about if my finger blocks the mic when i use them.
    08-11-09 11:27 AM
    Where is the microphone?
    08-11-09 11:31 AM
    today is the 28th day of my 30 trial. I've had two tours both the same muffled voice problem. I am going to return it because I can't have a phone that doesn't have even ok call quality. I love love the phone but maybe i can deal with my pearl again for a couple weeks. U guys think they will have fixed all the problems by then??

I don't blame you.
    If I wouldn't of come across one that worked as should I would be bailing as well.

Good luck ,Don't go to far ,more of the better builds should be available soon.
    08-11-09 11:35 AM
    What about with Bluetooth. Are you still having the same muffled sound with an earpiece?
    08-11-09 11:41 AM
    Yeah if you're on your 28th day (I'm on day 29) you may as well return it. You can always sign right back up in a week, and try your luck for a better. You could always give it one last try though, I got my third replacement yesterday, and finally everything works as it should.

08-11-09 11:44 AM
    Good luck too you

08-11-09 11:48 AM
    Man I'm already on my 3rd one.. I'm seriously thinking of going back to my curve. I've have so many problems with the phone its self.. It takes purple pictures, the screen ripple, the trackball... But the sound quality. Phuck man.. LOL but yea its a crappy... But since I have sprint they glady just switch it out.

08-11-09 11:51 AM
    Mic hole is on the bottom, left side of the phone.
    08-11-09 11:51 AM
    Mic hole is on the bottom, left side of the phone.
    Really?
    Cool
    08-11-09 11:59 AM
    Sarcasm?

It was asked earlier in the thread and never answered so...
    08-11-09 12:01 PM
    not sure about muffled normal calls...but muffled bluetooth was fixed with an os upgrade (the hybrid). i think you did the right thing in returning it and not taking a chance...but even so...you still get a year warranty and muffled calls would come under that.
    08-11-09 12:20 PM
    I once wanted to divorce my Storm when I first got it. We went to counseling and waited for the new OS and ever since we haven't had any problems. I am thinking of ending it though and getting a younger hipper Storm. Hope it doesnt take it to hard.
    08-11-09 12:34 PM
    Who's getting the kids?
    08-11-09 12:37 PM
    Well of course I'll be taking the 8gig and the 2gig with me. Don't want to leave them with the old beat up storm. The will just get neglected and become malnurished and possible forget about me and all the place I've taken them.
    08-11-09 12:39 PM
    I don't blame you for this. I rarely make calls, maybe 100 minutes a month, so I don't care as much as someone else might. But the call quality definitely blows on this phone.
    08-11-09 12:40 PM
    I would absolutely bring the device back, if I were you. I just swapped out my Tour on Sunday because of several problems. I too had the muffled voice complaint from several of my associates. Trust me, you do not want to be stuck with a device that has so many problems. Who knows how worse it may get??

Good luck!
    ALB
    08-11-09 02:15 PM
    not sure about muffled normal calls...but muffled bluetooth was fixed with an os upgrade (the hybrid). i think you did the right thing in returning it and not taking a chance...but even so...you still get a year warranty and muffled calls would come under that.
    year warranty with vzw? or asurion? i would have kept it if i knew i could have kept switching it out for a year with no charge haha. maybe ill go sign up at best buy in a couple weeks see what happens. also if i sign up wiht best buy since its 50 dollars cheaper do i still have the warranty for a year for free tours. I hate asurion, vzw used to give their replacements free, not deductables. of course im talking about a long time ago
    08-11-09 11:50 PM
    Thats a shame.
    08-12-09 12:48 AM
    Nope.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

lol this is great. ha i might start doing that. dumb message.
    08-12-09 12:50 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD