It seems like every time I read a review of the Tour, the browser continues to be weak. I was thinking that this browser would be decent because CX said it was the best BB browser to date. Now I'm not expecting the same quality of the iPhone, but it should be better than the Storm!

All I really use my browser for is mobile sites and some lower data websites. But if it is going to take me 30 seconds to open up CNN.com, then that is frustrating as all get out.

Anyone else concerned about this?
    07-11-09 12:01 AM
    Not really since i have seen a few videos of the Tour loading the FULL Crackberry page in 10-15seconds.
    07-11-09 12:04 AM
    So if your not pleased with the tour browser then you can download other browsers like bolt or opera mini and they are faster than the iphone browser and display full html websites
    07-11-09 12:18 AM
    yeah who uses the bb browser anyways? I'm not even coming here once i get my phone cause i know the complaining will be out of hand..
    07-11-09 12:42 AM
    i hear word of intergrated flash support so i am happy as a clam with the browser
    07-11-09 01:26 AM
    So the Tour does not have an html browser like the Bold?
    07-17-09 04:43 PM
    Of the browsers that are out there, which one is the best?

07-17-09 06:28 PM
    all i know is, loading up digg.com takes almost 2 minutes on the tours built in browser, and around 20 seconds on the bolt browser....

not even a question, the tours browser blows!
    07-17-09 06:34 PM
    Tours browser is improved quite a bit. That does not mean it is great, just that it is improved. Good enough for 90% of the sites I go to. I had issues with Bolt on several sites as well. Bolt is faster, but not perfect.

I am looking forward to SkyFire. As Noaim said in another post, 3rd party browser will be the wave of the future since they can focus more on it rather than the entire system.

By the way....loaded digg.com in 40 seconds on the BB browser with only 1X ;-)
    07-17-09 07:27 PM
    Of the browsers that are out there, which one is the best?

That is a matter of personal preference I think. I use both Opera mini and Bolt.
    07-17-09 07:29 PM
    I miss the 'd' shortcut that minimizes the browser. Why did that get removed??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 07:59 PM
    Tours browser is improved quite a bit. That does not mean it is great, just that it is improved. Good enough for 90% of the sites I go to. I had issues with Bolt on several sites as well. Bolt is faster, but not perfect.

I am looking forward to SkyFire. As Noaim said in another post, 3rd party browser will be the wave of the future since they can focus more on it rather than the entire system.

By the way....loaded digg.com in 40 seconds on the BB browser with only 1X ;-)
    Same here took me 36 seconds in 1X with two bars

07-17-09 09:23 PM
    I miss the 'd' shortcut that minimizes the browser. Why did that get removed??

I think that they removed this shortcut because of the new menu from the Blackberry button that shows you running programs and others
    07-17-09 09:34 PM
    I think it's fine...
    07-17-09 09:40 PM
    Just use Bolt browser and for those who use opera mini what in the world are you thinking??? Opera sucks so bad i rather use the blackberry browser or kill myself lol
    07-17-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD