Greetings everyone,

This is my first time posting, but I've been a daily reader for a while now. I just got the Tour and its been great thus far. The only thing is this: I want to disable the "A" key from locking the device. I find it to be redundant because of the designated lock key on top of the phone, plus I would like to use that button for a designated speed dial number. Its such a great device, but this aspect is a little annoying....any suggestions, ideas, or acknowledgment would be appreciated,lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:58 PM
    Can't change it bud - sorry!

08-12-09 10:16 PM
    Mconk: I have accomplished the impossible! Well technically, I found the solution to my own question right here in another post on good ole crackberry. Thanks anyway, homie.

To change the "A" or "Q" key functions, open your speed dial list and hit the Enter key to select the contact from your address book that you want to replace it with. Nothing to it!
    08-12-09 10:55 PM
    A only locks it if you hold it..Otherwise it brings up the contacts. K locks it by just pushing it
    08-13-09 01:36 AM
    Mconk: I have accomplished the impossible! Well technically, I found the solution to my own question right here in another post on good ole crackberry. Thanks anyway, homie.

To change the "A" or "Q" key functions, open your speed dial list and hit the Enter key to select the contact from your address book that you want to replace it with. Nothing to it!
    YOUR RIGHT!!! a solution to the problem!!! Good Bye Q and A!!!
    08-13-09 07:36 AM
    thanks for that little tip, I didn't know that!
    08-13-09 07:40 AM
    I get to the speed dial list and "lock system" is highlighted in blue next to A. How do I remove or replace that ?
    08-13-09 07:54 AM
    wow it works! thanks... for the tip!
    08-13-09 08:04 AM
    @bankrupt1 hit enter-- highlight it and click the menu bottom and delete.
    08-13-09 08:07 AM
    Thanks, got it to work.
    08-13-09 08:09 AM
    Get outta town! Hahaha do you know how many times I've been asked this question! Good find!

08-13-09 08:38 AM

I love you............I have a son named Anthony that has always been my A on speed dial...I was so bummed about the lock being A because I was programmed to hold A for years to call my baby...........well you got me sooooo happy NOW!!!
    08-13-09 08:47 AM
    This is freakin GREAT!!!!
    08-13-09 08:47 AM
    I've tried that method before and on a reboot, it reverts back to the system lock...
    08-13-09 08:53 AM
    I've tried that method before and on a reboot, it reverts back to the system lock...
    Yeah because the A and Q keys are hard coded, if you reboot for any reason, you'll have to repeat the process again.

Glad everyone enjoyed the solution! Isn't it awesome to have the A and Q speedials back??!

08-14-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD