Ok, first off let me say im in love with the Qwerty keyboard which is a staple of Blackberry. Now, that being said I have had the original enV since September 07 and being with verizon i just got my NE2 May 30. I am a college kid whose first choice would be the iPhone as probably everyone but switching isnt an option because my girlfriend is with Verizon so im stuck in staying. I then look toward the blackberry and i fell in love with it since March and have been checking these sites everyday with updates on the Blackberry i was going to get which is the Tour which i am in love with. Now that my NE2 is available and can upgrade anytime i find it really REALLY hard for me to be patient and on top of that I work in the business capital of the world which you guessed it New York City (Midtown Manhattan matter of fact) and I see literally every person walking by with a Blackberry or an iPhone and I look and find myself really wanting a smartphone so bad. I really dont know if I can wait until mid July for the Tour. My question is should i jump ship and get the Storm and start my Blackberry addiction or should i really ride out the pain i have been enduring since starting back at work from coming home from college 3 weeks ago and wait for the Tour? This is so serious because i really dont know if i can wait I need HELP!!!!!
    06-01-09 10:57 PM
    Ok, first off let me say im in love with the Qwerty keyboard which is a staple of Blackberry. Now, that being said I have had the original enV since September 07 and being with verizon i just got my NE2 May 30. I am a college kid whose first choice would be the iPhone as probably everyone but switching isnt an option because my girlfriend is with Verizon so im stuck in staying. I then look toward the blackberry and i fell in love with it since March and have been checking these sites everyday with updates on the Blackberry i was going to get which is the Tour which i am in love with. Now that my NE2 is available and can upgrade anytime i find it really REALLY hard for me to be patient and on top of that I work in the business capital of the world which you guessed it New York City (Midtown Manhattan matter of fact) and I see literally every person walking by with a Blackberry or an iPhone and I look and find myself really wanting a smartphone so bad. I really dont know if I can wait until mid July for the Tour. My question is should i jump ship and get the Storm and start my Blackberry addiction or should i really ride out the pain i have been enduring since starting back at work from coming home from college 3 weeks ago and wait for the Tour? This is so serious because i really dont know if i can wait I need HELP!!!!!
    Dude... if you like a physical QWERTY you won't like the Storm. Just wait for the Tour. 6 more weeks. You can hold out that long!
    06-01-09 11:04 PM

your talking about just over a 1 month wait.. You have lived with that phone for 2 years you cant make it another month?

especially buying on impulse often leads to dissapointment if the tour is what you have your eyes on get the tour if you truly want a storm then get the storm..

but it seems like you like a keyboard..

dont just "settle" when you just have to wait such a short bit longer.
    06-01-09 11:12 PM
    i know i know that is what my girlfriend keeps saying but i didnt think is was gonnabe this hard especially with my job being so boring i would just mess around on the internet all the time to help pass time with the blackberry but SIX WEEKS seems so far lol......im trying so hard to wait but working where i am is like eating the fruit of a poisonous tree i tell you. EVERYONE HAS A SMARTPHONE LITERALLY
    06-01-09 11:16 PM
    There are like a bajillion other posts about this in this thread.
    06-01-09 11:35 PM
    There are like a bajillion other posts about this in this thread.

actually I think that this post that I am typing right now is the 6th post in this thread
    06-01-09 11:59 PM
    You don't want to settle. If you want, take a Storm out for a 30 day test drive. If you don't like it or whatever, take it back and you'll have your upgrade back. It might help you get into the BB addiction. I tried one, but only lasted a week. It was running the .75 OS and now there is the newer .148. So that's an option.
    06-02-09 12:14 AM
    Six weeks is nothing... definitely wait it out. You don't want to have any regrets and get stuck with a phone for the next 2 years, just because you couldn't wait six weeks!
    06-02-09 06:23 AM
    bajillion
    you sound like a 6 year old kid when you use that word...
    06-02-09 06:58 AM
    But isn't it so fun to say?
    06-02-09 07:05 AM
    You really need to learn some patience. best things come to those who wait. And you will not be disappointed with this device in the least. If your love of BlackBerry's gets the best of you(happened to us all ) wait until 12th-18th of June and go ahead and get a Curve 8330 or 8830 from Verizon. Then you will still be in the 30 day return period when the 9630 drops and you can return the older device and get the 9630.
    06-02-09 07:26 AM
    bajillion
    Everyone knows it's 'gazillion' anyway.
    06-02-09 07:32 AM
    I have had my Storm since December, went through .75/.85/.86/.90/.99/.103/.113/.122/.132/a hybrid or two/.148 and still plan on switching to the Tour. A physical keyboard is much faster/easier to use.

Just put it out of your mind and don't worry about it until it's released. You're wanting to be 'cool' like everyone you see, when they're all just a bunch of geeks.
    06-02-09 07:35 AM
    Buy a 8830 off of eBay for a few bucks and ride that out until July or even a pearl that's always an option you still have your upgrade and you get your feet wet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:36 AM
    I am a college kid whose first choice would be the iPhone as probably everyone
    I think you overestimate the demand for the iPhone...

Anyways, if you get the Storm you'll be disappointed. It's not going to be as easy to type on as the 9630, and with the Storm 2 coming out in the next six months or so, even if you want the Storm and not the Tour you're better off waiting for that.

That being said, the 9630 is out in less than two months. You can wait, and you'll be happy that you did. Besides, if you're worried about looking cool like those around you with their Blackberries and iPhones and whatnot and you're a college kid... doesn't the Fall semester start in August/September anyway? That's plenty enough time to wait for the Tour.
    06-02-09 08:22 AM
    you'll probably kick yourself for not waiting for the 9630, but dont listen to anyone but yourself. there ate a lot of people on both sides of the fence on this one, some love it, some hate it. the people who hate it are always louder than the people that are happy.

Even if you could switch and get the iphone, you still wouldnt want to get one yet cause the new one is right around the corner too...
    06-02-09 08:38 AM
    You really need to learn some patience. best things come to those who wait. And you will not be disappointed with this device in the least. If your love of BlackBerry's gets the best of you(happened to us all ) wait until 12th-18th of June and go ahead and get a Curve 8330 or 8830 from Verizon. Then you will still be in the 30 day return period when the 9630 drops and you can return the older device and get the 9630.
    Well, there you have it folks. Looks like the rumored "week of July 13" release date is now "semi-official"!

Thank you, CX
    06-02-09 12:53 PM
    It's been semi-official for a long time... Kevin from Howard Forums posted that date a while back on HoFo, and his track record for info is VERY good (100% I believe).
    06-02-09 04:00 PM
    It's been semi-official for a long time... Kevin from Howard Forums posted that date a while back on HoFo, and his track record for info is VERY good (100% I believe).

yupz..

I have had no doubt on the date after I heard that

and afterwords CX kind of confirmed it a few times to make it even more solid..

but plans could change if something isn't up to par. Seems to be getting close for things to change though.
    06-02-09 05:20 PM
    I think you overestimate the demand for the iPhone...

Anyways, if you get the Storm you'll be disappointed.
    It's not going to be as easy to type on as the 9630, and with the Storm 2 coming out in the next six months or so, even if you want the Storm and not the Tour you're better off waiting for that.

That being said, the 9630 is out in less than two months. You can wait, and you'll be happy that you did. Besides, if you're worried about looking cool like those around you with their Blackberries and iPhones and whatnot and you're a college kid... doesn't the Fall semester start in August/September anyway? That's plenty enough time to wait for the Tour.
    hahahahahaah anyone else find that HILARIOUS?!?!?
    06-02-09 07:06 PM
    hahahahahaah anyone else find that HILARIOUS?!?!?

no not really..

some people love there storm and some people are disappointed in it..

just like it will be with any phone that comes out..

I will tell you that the iPhone disappointed me but others would laugh at me for saying it.
    06-02-09 08:29 PM
    no not really..

some people love there storm and some people are disappointed in it..

just like it will be with any phone that comes out..

I will tell you that the iPhone disappointed me but others would laugh at me for saying it.
    Ahh, well I thought it was funny. He bashed the iPhone then said the Storm sucks hahaha lol...no one? Anyone? Bueller? Tour?
    06-02-09 08:36 PM
    You don't want to settle. If you want, take a Storm out for a 30 day test drive. If you don't like it or whatever, take it back and you'll have your upgrade back. It might help you get into the BB addiction. I tried one, but only lasted a week. It was running the .75 OS and now there is the newer .148. So that's an option.
    this is exactly what i'm doing my contract is up on thurs and i am so stoked to get a bberry, that i am gonna try the storm for 30 days, then try the Tour for 30 days! (i am gonna wait for a few weeks to do this though, seeming as the tour doesn't come out til the 13th-ish)
    06-02-09 08:39 PM
    Ahh, well I thought it was funny. He bashed the iPhone then said the Storm sucks hahaha lol...no one? Anyone? Bueller? Tour?

I would assume this mans that he needs a non touch screen device
    06-02-09 09:09 PM
    I agree both phones suck, I have had both Iphone and now storm since it first came out, they can both sit in the garbage can if all I care. I'm waiting for the Tour to come out, finally a solid phone again!
    06-02-09 09:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD