Ok my 8130 has been giving me a lot of trouble lately its about 2 years old roughly. So should I go ahead and upgrade to the Curve or wait for the 9630?? I don't know if I can hold out much longer I'm growing real agitated with my 8130. I've also considered waiting till the end of june and just order a curve and hope the 9630 comes out around the 13th like planned and just exchange it out at that time. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:19 PM
    I would just hold out.
    Wait for the 9630 because it could be hit and miss with the upgrade and turning it back in when the 9630 comes out.
    06-15-09 01:21 PM
    I'd wait for the 9630. I'm in the same boat except that i'm on telus and this would most likely mean that i wouldn't have to wait as long as you. July 13 is almost here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:23 PM
    Totally agree. It's worth waiting a bit longer. I sold my Storm a few weeks ago and am doing my best to sit tight until July 13. And I'm using some old LG dummy phone! I'm just hoping that I didn't sell the Storm too early... gulp...
    06-15-09 01:44 PM
    I would get the curve if you really need a device right away.
    I did, so I did. If your phone can make it, pick up a tour. But being devil's advocate, what's to say it won't come out later or with bugs?

I didn't want to take another leap of faith and went with the stable curve.
    06-15-09 01:46 PM
    My Pearl just crapped out, too! i was hoping it would hold out until the Tour release, but no go. so i just picked up a Storm, because i needed to have a working phone and i figured i could exchange it within 30 days if i hated it.

so far, i like it a lot better than i thought i would. i find typing on it to be easier than the Pearl, and more intuitive than i thought it would be. it definitely has its issues (occasional sluggishness, insanely long reboot, color banding), and it's nowhere near as slick or easy to use as the iPhone... but i have to say, i'm digging it.

whether i'm digging it enough to keep it remains to be seen. this probably doesn't help you much, but i thought i'd add my 2 cents.
    06-15-09 01:49 PM
    I would get the curve if you really need a device right away.
    I did, so I did. If your phone can make it, pick up a tour. But being devil's advocate, what's to say it won't come out later or with bugs?

I didn't want to take another leap of faith and went with the stable curve.
    From what the users in this forum are saying, it sound slike the device is definitely stable. I would guess that the only gamble at this point will be when it finally hits the shelves.
    06-15-09 01:50 PM
    wait.. i love my curve but its technology is dwindling.
    06-15-09 01:54 PM
    At this point I would think its a no brainer as it shouldn't be more than 30-45 days out.....thats if there are delays. If your phone is still working, do you have insurance? I'm sure you'll get more out of your Pearl when you go to sell it if there are no issues with it.
    06-15-09 01:55 PM
    I would wait!

if you don't your going to watch the tour come out and wish you had it the entire time..
    06-15-09 02:40 PM
    Wait or pick up another pearl cheap somewhere that is working better than yours...
    06-15-09 02:43 PM
    Find a Pearl on Craigslist, that's what I did. Got mine for $50 and it's good enough to hold me over until my next phone.
    06-15-09 03:13 PM
    It's only about a month until the Tour comes out. I would just wait for it.
    06-15-09 03:36 PM
    what about getting rid of all third party apps for the next month or so and doing a hard reset of your device?
    maybe you can get a few more weeks out of it?
    06-15-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD