Yeah, it's true. I heard it from a Sprint rep today, not ten minutes ago. I live right by the Sprit store, and I just took my Tour in to get trackball issues checked. The guy I talked to mentioned that since Windows 7 is now released, that they'll start working on an update for the Blackberry system. I wish I could say , "Nah, I'm just a troll, I keed, I keed." But I'm not. That just happened.
    I just asked for my phone back.
    10-29-09 10:20 AM
    ... the phrase "blowing smoke up your arse" comes to mind. RIM does their own development, I assure you.
    10-29-09 10:54 AM
    I think Windows Mobile would be Microsoft's mobile platform...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 11:18 AM
    Oh, I though Blackberry is owned by Apple.
    Last edited by thymaster; 10-29-09 at 11:21 AM.
    10-29-09 11:18 AM
    Yes, I know that. I thought the sarcasm was pretty evident in my OP, but just in case, I was pointing out the stupidity of the Sprint rep for saying that.
    10-29-09 11:19 AM
    Heh.. Yah. Lesson to be learned here. And, this is coming from a former VZW tech that worked directly with RIM on a daily basis.

VZW store reps rarely have any sort of "inside information". And, a good portion of the techs in the store are outsourced. I've had store reps call me and ask how to get somebody's Palm to connect to the BIS service for example.

Its exclusively developed at the RIM headquarters in Canada. There are a few components of the hardware that are made in 3rd party factories.. but that's the extent of it.

Anyways, store reps are trained to sell. And, they'll toss out anything interesting just to get you to buy something.
    10-29-09 11:24 AM
    Heh.. just read the OP's ammendment.. ignore my lecture unless you originally believed him and wanted to start taking store reps word for gospel as a result.
    10-29-09 11:25 AM
    lol wow really a ms platform
    10-29-09 11:26 AM
    lol if it were microsoft's doing wouldn't it crash every day and be full of virus's and have the occasional blue screen of DEATH?

just sayin'...

lol it's amazing what these people at the stores will tell you, it's so hard to find a rep/salesperson/tech that knows what they're talking about
    10-29-09 12:20 PM
    I don't know who's more clueless, cell phone reps or the people gullible enough to believe them.
    10-29-09 12:45 PM
    I don't know who's more clueless, cell phone reps or the people gullible enough to believe them.
    Or the people who only read the first two lines of a post and then skip ahead to their cleverly thought out response... Which wouldn't make sense if they'd read the whole post...

Unless of course you're talking about someone else.
    10-29-09 01:08 PM
    ROFL!!

Microshaft WISHES they could come up with as stable of a platform as the BB OS!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
    *cracking up*

Dm
    10-29-09 01:11 PM
    hey but MS does own a % of apple, or it did at one point......weird.....
    10-29-09 01:18 PM
    ^^if it wasnt for microsoft there'd be no apple lol..

but anyway i remember a few years back a rep told my brother he couldnt get insurance because he had sero :-p
    10-29-09 04:07 PM
    Yeah, it's true. I heard it from a Sprint rep today, not ten minutes ago. I live right by the Sprit store, and I just took my Tour in to get trackball issues checked. The guy I talked to mentioned that since Windows 7 is now released, that they'll start working on an update for the Blackberry system. I wish I could say , "Nah, I'm just a troll, I keed, I keed." But I'm not. That just happened.
    I just asked for my phone back.
    LMAO, for a second I thought you were being serious, whew!

That Sprint rep is a jeenyus.
    10-29-09 04:12 PM
    I believe the OP intended nothing more than sarcasm in this post!

Sprint reps == FAIL!
    10-29-09 04:21 PM
    this is a good one
    10-29-09 04:37 PM
    This book will cover all the history of RIM. It was a excellent read, I'd advise anyone to pick it up.
    New Book on History of RIM and Blackberry for us Ubergeeks! - Blackberry Stuff - If it is Geek- Then it is Zen
    10-29-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD