So I was told last week by a very nice lady at Verizon, that she would be calling me today (monday) when the Tour would be available to order from CS, so that we could do a "Storm to Tour exchange" since I have 5 lines and have been with them for 8+ years and have only been given crappy storm devices. Well she finally called, I got soooooo excited...........

Until she told me that they didn't have anymore in stock for CS to order and that I will have to wait 2 weeks before I can order mine. WTF!! I go out of country this Wednesday for work with a device that is not even dependable. I do have to say that I'm happy that she even attempted to call me (I didn't think she would call)

I guess I have to wait 2 weeks to get my Tour!
    07-13-09 02:03 PM
    Can you have them put a note on your account saying that you can upgrade? If so, you could probably go to a few VZW stores or head into a Best Buy and pick one up. I doubt they're all sold out.
    07-13-09 02:05 PM
    I do believe she put a note on there! She was the one who offered the exchange to me! I guess I will try and see if my local store will offer me this, but when we had spoken she had tried a local store from within my billing zip code and they had rejected the idea.
    07-13-09 02:21 PM
    Sorry for the double post.. I just received a call from Verizon stating they checked all Warehouses and neither has a Tour available. I cannot believe They have no Tours left!

I guess the Rep has noted my account to keep checking for inventory and to give me a call in 2 weeks when they receive more
    07-13-09 03:19 PM
    Maybe try calling around to local stores, first ask if they have them in stock, then tell them it is noted in the sytem that you are able to upgrade due to your defective device....tell them you NEED to have a device that works and that you are traveling you can't afford to have a device that freezes, resets, and has you sounding like you are under water due to the muffled sound, if they can't help ask to speak with a manager.......insist that you have lost faith in the Storm as a device, you have always appreciated Verizon's customer service, and you would REALLY appreciate if they could help you out here.

Where there is a will there's a way.

PS. Yes I got my call this morning, she wanted to check up and make sure I got mine yesterday at the store or see if she needed to order one.
    Last edited by DougFNJ; 07-13-09 at 03:53 PM.
    07-13-09 03:49 PM
    Thanks. I tried almost every local store within a 30 Mile radius.. Some have said they didn't have any left or that they didn't know when they would get there shipment of them??? The others that did have them told me they could only do it through the Warranty department, but I had expressed to them that they were backordered and that they had none left in stock.

I guess I will have to wait until I get back into the states to get mine.
    07-13-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD