Hello,

I loaded up the OS upgrade last night from Desk Manager and now I am experiencing some issues with my trackball...similar to what I experienced a month ago on my orginial Tour. My orginial Tour had trackball issues that have been well documented, and this Tour that I have now was the replacement. Ever since I loaded up the new OS, I have been having this trackball issues, coincidence?

Anyone else experience this??
    09-19-09 03:21 PM
    Mine is fine. Got the upgrade done this morning.
    09-19-09 03:23 PM
    What do you mean by "Issues"
    09-19-09 03:28 PM
    The trackball issues are that when scrolling to the left or right, I get a LAG and sometimes I have to roll the trackball several times to get any response at all. The trackball gets stuck on an Icon. With that said, I am thinking it may be an weird interaction with some of the 3rd party themes I am using. I experienced issues on one theme and then I switched themes and it was much worse than the first one. Then I switched to yet another theme and all is well. All of the above themes were either purchased on downloaded from this site and I did a battery pull each time.

I am guessing that this OS software update might be the culprit.

Oh yes, I did the Trackball test and all was well.
    Last edited by Seed65; 09-19-09 at 03:37 PM. Reason: additional info
    09-19-09 03:35 PM
    Hmmm well the ball does not get stuck, which was and is the main issue on a lot of devices.... But if it seems to be lag, it could be the themes you have mentioned and also third party app's running in the BRG.

But you say it get's stuck on an icon,does it move from the icon? just delayed?

Also FYI the update was pulled. Still working on details as to why. But you can still downgrade to .40 and see if it works better. Up to you.
    09-19-09 03:42 PM
    absolutely no change, trackball issues still.
    09-19-09 03:44 PM
    Both!

It is interesting...the trackball got stuck on one icon until I kept on scrolling and scrolling and then finally after about 6 times, it let loose. It happened again on the same icon. Weird huh?
    09-19-09 03:46 PM
    Okay so the ball is physically sticking?
    09-19-09 03:50 PM
    No, the ball is not physically sticking. I can scroll to the left and right without any obstruction.
    09-19-09 03:51 PM
    Try going back down to the original OS .40 if no improvement after everything loads up... Normally there is some lag when the device is receiving info, etc. then idles out... If still problems get it swapped out
    09-19-09 03:54 PM
    I am going to guess that the timing is a coincidence and it is not related to the update. My first Tour worked fine for 3-4 week before the trackball went, about 2 weeks ago. I exchanged that one for a green dot one (claimed by the tech when I asked; I didn't see the box) which worked fine for about 10 days. Then the trackball issue came back (not as acute but definitely there and getting worse). I just exchanged that one for another new one (this time green dot for for sure).

The trackball issues were definitely NOT fixed on many of the recent phones so probably you need to exchange yours.
    09-19-09 03:55 PM
    Hello,

I loaded up the OS upgrade last night from Desk Manager and now I am experiencing some issues with my trackball...similar to what I experienced a month ago on my orginial Tour. My orginial Tour had trackball issues that have been well documented, and this Tour that I have now was the replacement. Ever since I loaded up the new OS, I have been having this trackball issues, coincidence?

Anyone else experience this??
    Wipe and reload. It is something to do with the OS install if you are just getting them. I believe that 95% of the TB issues was hardware since you could feel the bad trackball (sandy feel). Anything else is probably OS or specific app related.
    09-19-09 03:57 PM
    Mine seemed a little off after the upgrade, but after a battery pull, it seems OK. Finding out that RIM pulled the upgrade has me paranoid. This is my second green dot Tour and it took almost 2 hours to get it from the local VZW store.

MEXICO 5, 8/24/09 build date
    09-20-09 04:31 PM
    Hello,

Still having some minor issues with horizontal scrolling with the trackball since the OS upgrade. Will be reverting back this evening to the original OS. Hmmm maybe we will be eligiblel for the "newest" Tour with the track pad That would solve LOTS, but cost RIM and Verizon a fortune.
    09-20-09 06:43 PM
    I have an update...

I reverted back to the pre-upgrade software.... .40 and so far the issues I experienced with the trackball have not appeared with the downgrade.

Will see what happens over time to make sure that these improvements are not just in my head

Thanks for the help!
    09-20-09 08:26 PM
    Hello,

Going back to the .40 version of the OS was not helping my trackball issues and they became worse in the last few hours. So....I just took the phone to Verizon and they had a Tech look at it and then I received a replacement phone. Did not ask if it was a Green Dot or not....do not want to know!!

Let us hope this lasts
    09-21-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD