i did and had to take it off. i had the MTS one. i hope the telus or verizon offical when it comes doesnt do this
    02-05-10 08:06 AM
    i did and had to take it off. i had the MTS one. i hope the telus or verizon offical when it comes doesnt do this
    i've heard of a few members saying that they sent the wrong message to someone using .419 but its hard to believe that though since its easy anyway to send the wrong message to someone with the threaded messaging how it is.

Not saying this is the case, but I strongly feel that its user error as its easy to sent the wrong message to someone
    02-05-10 08:09 AM
    If this is the case, why do I see a storm of people posting that their signifigant others are no longer signifigant others because of .419?? *ducks*
    02-05-10 08:22 AM
    I have not experienced this but if I did...that could be very BAD!!!
    02-05-10 08:54 AM
    i haven't had this problem either, i've been problem free using .419 on vzw
    02-05-10 09:26 AM
    Not saying this is the case, but I strongly feel that its user error as its easy to sent the wrong message to someone
    I guarantee you it's not user error. 419 will often (always in my case) put the wrong SMS with the wrong contact, making you think one person sent it when another did. Then when you reply to the SMS it will send it to the other contact.

If this has not happened to you, thank your lucky stars.
    02-05-10 10:00 AM
    Has not happened to me once. I do a lot of SMS as well...
    02-05-10 10:11 AM
    It's probably because of your hybrid. I'm thinking I'm going to have to d/l one and install it because stock 419 is unworkable for me for texts.
    02-05-10 10:12 AM
    It's probably because of your hybrid. I'm thinking I'm going to have to d/l one and install it because stock 419 is unworkable for me for texts.
    Agreed, I ran the stock 419 for a couple days when it leaked and was NOT impressed whatsoever. I had multiple errors with SMS (conjoined etc.), backscreen lag, and many other errors to say the least. Since I've loaded the hybrid I haven't experienced one of those errors...
    02-05-10 10:15 AM
    I do not run hybrids and have never had a SMS go to another person besides who I wanted it to go to on .419 and I do A LOT of sms!
    02-05-10 10:24 AM
    Hybrids OS's suck
    Clearly you don't run any hybrids.. lol
    02-05-10 10:35 AM
    did it show u who it was actually sent to when you realized it was sent to the wrong person or you just understand it was sent to the wrong person from some1 replying "what the heck did you just send me?" lol
    02-05-10 10:43 AM
    you just understand it was sent to the wrong person from some1 replying "what the heck did you just send me?" lol
    Exactly.

I'm installing the Dv5.1 hybrid right now. I HOPE it helps the SMS problem. I do NOT want to have to go back to 4.7.
    02-05-10 10:47 AM
    Exactly.

I'm installing the Dv5.1 hybrid right now. I HOPE it helps the SMS problem. I do NOT want to have to go back to 4.7.
    Good luck Furballz! Just to let you know, Driphter just released Dv6 this morning. Doesn't mean you HAVE to install it, as Dv5.1 is a great build but just FYI
    02-05-10 10:57 AM
    this isnt an os problem.

it is user side error.. meaning it is YOUR fault that YOU sent the message to the wrong person..

think about it for a second.. the network doesnt have your contact list saved in their database so how can they send the message that YOU sent to another person.

common sense
    02-05-10 10:59 AM
    this isnt an os problem.

it is user side error.. meaning it is YOUR fault that YOU sent the message to the wrong person..

think about it for a second.. the network doesnt have your contact list saved in their database so how can they send the message that YOU sent to another person.

common sense
    uh, yeah, wait till it happens to you
    02-05-10 11:33 AM
    Good luck Furballz! Just to let you know, Driphter just released Dv6 this morning. Doesn't mean you HAVE to install it, as Dv5.1 is a great build but just FYI
    LOL just my luck. All I need is something that'll work. 5.0 speed/stability with an SMS system that won't be ********.
    02-05-10 11:35 AM
    LOL just my luck. All I need is something that'll work. 5.0 speed/stability with an SMS system that won't be ********.
    5.1 should fit the bill then. I would recommend wiping before install too... but you probably already know that
    02-05-10 11:38 AM
    I'm not sure exactly how it happened but one person texted me and another got my response. I have been using threaded sms for a while now also.

The second quirk I have is I had a sms session going and a bbm session going with the same person and when I went back to the sms it was gone and all the whole conversation from bbm was in the sms field..

running .419 on Verizon
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-05-10 at 11:51 AM.
    02-05-10 11:49 AM
    It's happened to me twice on Verizon over the pass few months with .230 and I've actually received one awhile ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 11:52 AM
    5.1 should fit the bill then. I would recommend wiping before install too... but you probably already know that
    yup, BBSAK ftw. Thanks for the link in your sig, very helpful.
    02-05-10 12:01 PM
    Could this be a Carrier Problem guys? I have the 419 on Sprint and that never happend to me! And yes I do a crap load of texting...LOL
    02-05-10 06:31 PM
    I havent had the issue either. But it would seem like user error to me
    02-05-10 07:29 PM
    Could this be a Carrier Problem guys? I have the 419 on Sprint and that never happend to me! And yes I do a crap load of texting...LOL
    No guys. Ok, I can't believe I'm taking my time to explain this:

You have 2 friends, named 1 and 2. You get a text from 1. Then you get a text from 2. The text from 2 is in the same thread as the text from 1 and the phone says it's been sent from 1. You think 1 wrote it, so you respond to 1, even though it's been sent by 2.

That's the first way it can happen. Second way:

You have two friends, 1 and 2. You're sending a text to 1. In the middle of typing the text, you get a text from 2. You close the text from 2 and continue sending the text to 1. It says it sent it to 1, and when you look at the sent text it says "sent to 1." In fact, it was sent to 2.

There is no "user error." It is not a "carrier problem." It is a clear problem with the implementation of threaded SMS in 419, at least for some users.

This is why Verizon will not NOT be releasing 419 officially.

I have since changed to a hybrid and have not had any SMS threading problems, knock on wood.

Here's another tip: stop talking about stuff you have no idea about. Eh?
    Last edited by Furballz; 02-05-10 at 07:52 PM.
    02-05-10 07:47 PM
    No guys. Ok, I can't believe I'm taking my time to explain this:

You have 2 friends, named 1 and 2. You get a text from 1. Then you get a text from 2. The text from 2 is in the same thread as the text from 1 and the phone says it's been sent from 1. You think 1 wrote it, so you respond to 1, even though it's been sent by 2.

That's the first way it can happen. Second way:

You have two friends, 1 and 2. You're sending a text to 1. In the middle of typing the text, you get a text from 2. You close the text from 2 and continue sending the text to 1. It says it sent it to 1, and when you look at the sent text it says "sent to 1." In fact, it was sent to 2.

There is no "user error." It is not a "carrier problem." It is a clear problem with the implementation of threaded SMS in 419, at least for some users.

This is why Verizon will not NOT be releasing 419 officially.

I have since changed to a hybrid and have not had any SMS threading problems, knock on wood.

Here's another tip: stop talking about stuff you have no idea about. Eh?

Thats how its happened to me and it has happened both ways It is not user error. Name 2 popped up and I was responding to name 2 and my message went to name 1 NOT USER ERROR ,,,, OS ERROR
    02-05-10 09:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD