Is there any way I can turn off the dial tones for when I am dialing a phone #? Sounds are off for my keypad otherwise (txt, browser, etc). I don't like my keys beeping at me! Especially the beepboopblurrp when I hold 1 to dial my voicemail. Can this be turned off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 08:16 PM
    Switch profiles. That's about the only way I've found to avoid ALL keytones. Other than that, the phone is pretty quiet. How silent do you need the thing to be?
    01-12-10 08:44 PM
    I don't absolutely need it to be silent, it just would be nice. And it seems strange that there wouldn't be a way to turn those tones off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 08:48 PM
    I have the same frustration. I've never not been able to turn off the keypad on a phone before. Why would I, and especially those around me, what to hear me dial?
    01-16-10 09:23 PM
    i wish there was a way to turn off that sound when you speeddial someone, pointless and kinda rediculous that there is no option to do so. oh well its a minor thing i guess
    01-17-10 12:26 AM
    Ok, good to know it can't actually be turned off and not that I just can't find the setting. Thanks.
    01-17-10 02:15 AM
    I THINK if the phone is in vibrate mode, it may not make dialing sounds.
    01-17-10 08:51 AM
    In both the Silent and Vibrate Profiles, the dialing tones will not sound.

This is the only way currently to "turn them off".
    01-17-10 09:49 AM
    I have that same issue, and it can be annoying when you're in a place where you don't want others to hear you placing a call. The only thing that works for me is switching my profile to silent or using my bluetooth.
    01-17-10 09:59 AM
    I too hate that noise and wish there was a way to disable it while still on the normal profile...another big thing that bothers me is that there are no hyphens when typing in a number (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
    01-17-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD