trying to do a device switch via DM

first I did a backup completes fine..

but when I run device switch it gets to the point of looking for device software and crashes.. Ideas?
    07-12-09 11:57 AM
    I had trouble until I connected both BB's at the same time, did you try that?
    07-12-09 12:00 PM
    I had trouble until I connected both BB's at the same time, did you try that?

no i didnt ill try that out...
    07-12-09 12:02 PM
    I used 4.6 and connected curve first then it asks for the new device after old on was backed up... everything copied over and good. Went to Blackberry.com and ran update OS and removed all bs languages and such
    07-12-09 12:03 PM
    The first time I connected my old treo and the tour, it didn't work. But the second time it did. Try it again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:06 PM
    I used 4.6 and connected curve first then it asks for the new device after old on was backed up... everything copied over and good. Went to Blackberry.com and ran update OS and removed all bs languages and such

do you have a link for 4.6 because I just updated to 4.7 and I think thats the issue..

edit downloading now.. just not sure if it will work
    07-12-09 12:27 PM
    Just go to blackberry.com downloads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:29 PM
    07-12-09 12:29 PM
    I tried to switch devices through the wizard on the DM, but after it said it was complete NONE of my Contacts, Emails, SMS, and MMS copied over. Additionally my Tour is not recognizing either of my email addresses. I am trying it again just following the prompts.

Is it possible that this is because the guy at Verizon activated and switched pins via BiS before I got to use DM?

Update: My emails, MMS, and SMS have now copied over via my second attempt. However my date and time are stuck at June 3rd, 2009 at 1:05 AM. I am using the Network setting for the clock/time, so I'm not sure what to do.
    07-12-09 12:49 PM
    ok so the downgrade to 4.6 did the trick.. 4.7 just has issues everything went smooth..

thanks for everyone who chimed in and thanks for the heads up yester I appreciate it
    07-12-09 01:49 PM
    Sweet glad to hear it.
    07-12-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD