Sorry to ask another question, I just upgraded to the Tour and installed the desktop manager. I have it connected via the USB but can't get the desktop manager to recognize the blackberry. In the bottom left corner it says "Device connected: none". It won't sync. If I remember correctly, this has happened in the past to me when I have gotten a new berry, so I am pretty sure it is a simple fix, i just don't remember the steps to fix it.

TIA.
    07-13-09 03:38 PM
    Did you try unplugging and plugging back in? Another usb port?
    07-13-09 03:40 PM
    It's connected, it's charging and everything. I think I have to change the pin or clear the old pin or something????
    07-13-09 03:42 PM
    go into your device manger while it's plugged in and see if their is an exclamation mark over the device in disk drives or wherever you connected it. I plug mine into my USB 2.0 port and it shows under disk drives. If there is an exclamation mark over it right click on it and press uninstall.

unplug it, restart computer and plug it back in. Should detect it.
    07-13-09 03:48 PM
    What version of DM are you using? I got the same thing on 4.6 and 4.7. Then I installed 5.0 that came on the CD and it works fine.
    07-13-09 03:49 PM
    What version of DM are you using? I got the same thing on 4.6 and 4.7. Then I installed 5.0 that came on the CD and it works fine.
    I installed the version from the CD.

It doesn't recognize my old blackberry or my new blackberry, so I can't do the 'device switch wizard' or anything.
    07-13-09 03:51 PM
    A restart is all it took to get recognized.

Thanks.
    07-13-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD