I've owned a BB 8703e for 2 years or more and 12 months ago I purchased the BB World Edition 8830. I use Verizon Wireless. If you primarily are using the BB for business and emailing, is the Tour better or is it comparable?

Which BB do you feel is the most reliable and dependable when it comes to receiving your emails in a timely fashion?

Your input would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
    Gia
    10-24-09 03:52 PM
    8830 is bult like a tank, has a very solid performance and the battery lasts forever. I would say the 8830 is more trustworthy for business critical usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 03:56 PM
    Thank you Shinkodachi for your kindness in replying to my email.

I was on the fence about getting another device but for now, I will stay with the 8830. My device lately is strictly for business. Your email confirms what I suspected to be the case.

Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

Gia
    10-24-09 04:04 PM
    My employer replaced my 8830 with a 9630. Email works just as well on the 9630 as it did on the 8830, but the 9630 with OS 4.7.1.40 is less stable than an 8830 running OS 4.2.2.196. Battery life is much shorter, and the 9630 takes much longer to reboot. If you are content to run OS 4.2, the 8830 is a more stable email machine. Overall, though, the 9630 is a much more capable device.

10-24-09 04:13 PM
    Thank you Jeff for your insightful input. I totally agree with you.

There are a number of features on the 9630 that I would not take advantage of and in thinking about it, the upgrade wouldn't be like night and day.

Now if there was a BB that would be the difference between a BMW and an Aston Martin, then it would peak my interest.

Gia
    10-24-09 04:50 PM
    If you're just talking about emails theres not much of a difference but I'd choose a 9630 just on incoming speed. But theres a lot of battery talk here.. 8330 has a longer batt life in my experience and btw I LITERALLY receive emails non stop all day everyday at all times of the day and still choose my 9630.. maybe because its nice to look at
    10-25-09 08:29 PM
    If you're just talking about emails theres not much of a difference but I'd choose a 9630 just on incoming speed. But theres a lot of battery talk here.. 8330 has a longer batt life in my experience and btw I LITERALLY receive emails non stop all day everyday at all times of the day and still choose my 9630.. maybe because its nice to look at
    What do you mean by incoming speed? Emails are pushed through BIS into your BB...is like saying you receive a text or a phone call faster on a 9630 than on a 8830...

If you're just looking for emails, than the 8830 is great! If you're looking for all the extra feature plus the email the 9630 is the way to go
    10-25-09 08:38 PM
    I had laggin issues with my 8830 and my 8330 once i updated to 4.5 wasnt really the emails more the phone in general
    10-25-09 09:09 PM
    I don't really think that you're going to see a difference as far as which device is going to be better at receiving e-mails, because they both use the same servers, and the same infastructure to transmit the information. That being said, it's really about what you want in a device. Like it's been previously stated, the 8830 is a tank, probably most like your old 87xx series, solid reliability, built to last, and the Tour is a fine device as well, and it offers the user more flexibility, mainly because it offers you more available application memory (256mb for the Tour, 64mb for the 8830) as well as a vastly superior OS version when you compare 4.7 for the Tour to 4.2 that came pre-installed on the 8830. Also, the Tour has a faster processor, as well as faster data capability, however, neither of those things matter as far as receiving your e-mail, they will come over just the same on both.

The only thing that I would suggest if you keep the 8830 (which I say is a good call, whatever you like the best!) I would upgrade the OS to a version of 4.5. There are a lot of advantages to this OS as opposed to 4.2, and it's a worthwile upgrade.

10-25-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD