Do I need to delete the desktop manager that I installed when I got my Storm ?
    07-14-09 03:50 PM
    I didn't know that...although this is my first one and i don't know sh!t about it...so you just install the CD and sync it with your BB? Does it remove all my settings or anything like that?
    It doesn't remove anything. It actually doesn't sync your contacts/calendar/tasks/notes until you configure them. So the first time you connect your BB it won't really do anything until ti's been configured.
    07-14-09 04:03 PM
    Gee Grafixx01 i guess I help out a few people
    07-14-09 04:29 PM
    It doesn't remove anything. It actually doesn't sync your contacts/calendar/tasks/notes until you configure them. So the first time you connect your BB it won't really do anything until ti's been configured.
    so i just install the CD and then i can remove stuff? it won't swtich the settings and then it will install the 5.0?
    07-14-09 04:30 PM
    so i just install the CD and then i can remove stuff? it won't swtich the settings and then it will install the 5.0?
    It won't install the device OS ver 5.0, it's just the desktop software 5.0. Your device software will stay at 4.7.

But yes you can add/remove apps within the desktop manager software.
    07-14-09 04:32 PM
    My husband is on his way to pick mine up from Fed Ex, do I need to load the new DM software to switch my curve over to my Tour, or can I just use my
    other DM that I have loaded to do the Device Switch?
    07-14-09 05:06 PM
    My husband is on his way to pick mine up from Fed Ex, do I need to load the new DM software to switch my curve over to my Tour, or can I just use my
    other DM that I have loaded to do the Device Switch?
    You can use the lastest version, 5.0 isn't needed. I used 4.7 this morning to switch data from my Curve to the Tour. It worked perfectly but just needed to move ringtones, music, and pics over after.
    07-14-09 05:20 PM
    Im glade everyone is happy
    07-23-09 10:29 AM
    Didn't want to start a new thread on this, couldn't find it mentioned in threads I searched. I have 5.0 installed from CD. But am constantly getting prompts to upgrade to 5.0 from DM. Then it says intall failed. Anyone else getting prompts to upgrade to the same version?

Oh, and 5.0 is really squirrelly on my PC. Crashes a lot, won't launch, freezes a lot. Kind of a pain.
    07-29-09 07:14 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD