is anyone else having a problem deleting their messages folder? im running os 5.0.0.230. i have to delete each individual one because the delete prior will not work on most emails or threaded sms messages. please help

thanks
    10-22-09 07:42 PM
    Can you mass-highlight and delete?
    10-22-09 08:03 PM
    isnt mass highlighting considered delete prior?
    10-22-09 08:06 PM
    isnt mass highlighting considered delete prior?
    touche salesman
    10-22-09 08:09 PM
    No! Delete Prior is when you put the cursor on a particular date bar (or message), hit menu and select Delete Prior. All messages prior to that date or message will be deleted.

Mass Highlight is when you hold the shift key while you scroll down through the particular messages you want to delete. After you've highlighted the messages you want to delete, you then hit delete, and poof. There's a difference!
    Last edited by RegE; 10-22-09 at 08:32 PM.
    10-22-09 08:27 PM
    the way its done may be different but in theory its the samething. ill give it a shot tho
    10-22-09 10:45 PM
    also, it would b a pain in the *** to scroll thru and highlight all the messages. sometimes i get like 15 days worth of messages
    10-22-09 10:46 PM
    the way its done may be different but in theory its the samething. ill give it a shot tho
    Not the same at all. I use highlight and delete often, but never use delete prior. Let's say I have 20 emails from yesterday I need to keep and overnight get about 5 spam messages. If I go to the date bar and delete prior, I've just deleted those 5 spam messages AND all 20 messages from yesterday, plus any messages older than yesterday. If I hit shift and scroll through and highlight just those 5 spam messages, I can delete just those while keeping older messages.
    10-22-09 10:56 PM
    My original post was a question. I was asking if one method worked whereas the other didn't. It was a trouble shooting effort, not a suggestion.
    10-22-09 10:58 PM
    True. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. It did work. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD