Is there an easy way to delete the list of incoming/outgoing calls? Seems to me it was a couple of clicks on my old LG flip phone, whereas on my Tour I have to go to the SMS folder, open it, View Folders, find the right folder, open that one, and click again to delete messages.

This is my first BB so maybe there is an easier way or an app that makes this easier.

Thanks!
    07-30-09 07:27 AM
    Open up messages folder, hit ALT+P, BB Key, Delete Prior
    07-30-09 07:29 AM
    Is there an easy way to delete the list of incoming/outgoing calls? Seems to me it was a couple of clicks on my old LG flip phone, whereas on my Tour I have to go to the SMS folder, open it, View Folders, find the right folder, open that one, and click again to delete messages.

This is my first BB so maybe there is an easier way or an app that makes this easier.

Thanks!
    If you use your Desktop Manager regulary as I do, you can do it from there. Go to BackUp/Restore > Advanced and you can delete (or clear) individual databases.
    Otherwise I just hit the phone button, which brings up the log. Hold alt key and use trackball to highlight everything, then select delete.
    07-30-09 07:32 AM
    I've been wondering how to do this as well. Thanks for the tip.

07-30-09 07:44 AM
    if anyone is reading this who uses a sure type or storm device, you can do the same by going to

messages | options | view folder | phone call logs | select the newest date and open the menu | delete prior
    07-30-09 07:52 AM
    If you use your Desktop Manager regulary as I do, you can do it from there. Go to BackUp/Restore > Advanced and you can delete (or clear) individual databases.
    Otherwise I just hit the phone button, which brings up the log. Hold alt key and use trackball to highlight everything, then select delete.
    Except it is the ^aA key on my Tour and not the Alt key. Don't know about other models.
    07-30-09 08:07 AM
    For more reasons than this, get Quicklaunch. Left convenience button, scroll to delete call log and click

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:12 AM
    Except it is the ^aA key on my Tour and not the Alt key. Don't know about other models.
    Really? It's the alt key on mine too

07-30-09 08:12 AM
    I think it was the Alt key on the pearl

Really? It's the alt key on mine too

Wierd, it's the caps (aA) key on mine....
    07-30-09 08:29 AM
    Hold shift key the aA scroll track ball over what you want to delete press menu key select delete. Hope this helps.

07-30-09 08:33 AM
    thank you
    07-31-09 09:39 PM
    oooo thanks for the tip.
    08-01-09 12:24 AM
    very nice, something actually useful coming from this forum

how do you get there without the shortcut key though, out of curiosity of course
    08-01-09 01:47 AM
    Hold shift key the aA scroll track ball over what you want to delete press menu key select delete. Hope this helps.

another great tip, didnt know this was possible either

does anyone have a list of shortcuts on the bb, i know about the copy and paste ones, but had no idea about these, maybe there are others i dont know about either
    08-01-09 01:48 AM
    Thank you. It is that aA key on mine also!
    08-01-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD