No matter what files i delete on my blackberry while its connected to my computer, it just says that i have 80.4 mb free. I feel deleting files to make space in order to put this mix on it, but to no avail. Anyone have this problem or know whats up/how to fix it?

Edit: And now suddenly my blackberry wont even prompt me for mass storage device and wont show up on my computer anymore... and yes the setting for mass storage is set for on and for prompt. and it still knows its plugged into something because it charges when its plugged into my computer.
    Last edited by metalupyour455; 11-06-09 at 01:13 PM.
    11-06-09 12:57 PM
    Battery reset the device - this will refresh the memory and numbers
    11-06-09 01:10 PM
    Battery reset the device - this will refresh the memory and numbers
    Did that already. Then the second problem happened.
    11-06-09 01:13 PM
    Did you reboot the computer also to retry MSM?
    11-06-09 01:16 PM
    Did you reboot the computer also to retry MSM?
    just rebooted, its recognizing my bb again but still same memory problem, its not recognizing the space made for deleted files.
    11-06-09 01:17 PM
    Make sure you're deleting files from your device and not off the SD card.
    11-06-09 01:17 PM
    Make sure you're deleting files from your device and not off the SD card.
    Considering he's in MSM, yeah, probably you are just deleting stuff off the SD card.
    11-06-09 01:19 PM
    just tried adding some files small enough to fit on it. then i deleted them. and it still wont even account for that new space, so now it thinks i only have 57 mb free. this is madness!
    11-06-09 01:21 PM
    Considering he's in MSM, yeah, probably you are just deleting stuff off the SD card.
    i know i am, thats what im dealing with, the sd card not the internal memory, but via my blackberry.
    11-06-09 01:22 PM
    If you are deleting stuff through MSM off the memory card and the file free is not increasing (for the memory card), it's not really a phone issue.

You can try putting the memory card in a reader and deleting it that way, although it shouldn't be any different.
    11-06-09 01:29 PM
    If you are deleting stuff through MSM off the memory card and the file free is not increasing (for the memory card), it's not really a phone issue.

You can try putting the memory card in a reader and deleting it that way, although it shouldn't be any different.
    FML

...10char
    11-06-09 01:37 PM
    Where are you reading your "file free space" from? Most people's SD cards are usually 1GB-32GB. It's hard to imagine that you've filled yours up to 99% capacity, unless it's all music or movies. Are you sure you're not confusing the device file free space with SD card file free space? To be totally sure, take your SD card and place it in a reader and attach to your computer and read the space available from File Manager.
    11-06-09 01:40 PM
    Worst case, backup your files to the PC, format the card, copy it back. Fairly easy to do.
    11-06-09 01:40 PM
    Worst case, backup your files to the PC, format the card, copy it back. Fairly easy to do.
    funny thing is i just finished doing that and now i read your post. and now it works! thanks for the help everyone.
    11-06-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD