Anyone else notice that the default Google Search from the browser's start screen is not Google Mobile, rather the full version of Google? I haven't yet found a way to adjust this to have the browser's start screen use Google mobile. For instance, if I want to search for a business, I prefer Google Mobile because it includes the 'Local' results, while regular Google does not. This is useful for looking up addresses and phone numbers on the fly. If anyone has found a solution to this I would love to hear it.
    07-20-09 03:55 PM
    Anyone else notice that the default Google Search from the browser's start screen is not Google Mobile, rather the full version of Google? I haven't yet found a way to adjust this to have the browser's start screen use Google mobile. For instance, if I want to search for a business, I prefer Google Mobile because it includes the 'Local' results, while regular Google does not. This is useful for looking up addresses and phone numbers on the fly. If anyone has found a solution to this I would love to hear it.
    Bump

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-24-09 10:21 AM
    Use the google App seach box? it uses local info...
    07-24-09 10:24 AM
    Make it your start screen
    Open Browser
    Go to Options in Menu
    Go to Browser Configuration
    Go to Home Page Address, and change it to m.google.com
    Go to Menu, and Save.

There you go, thats your google search page as your home page.
    07-24-09 10:28 AM
    yes it is annoying, bc i like the default home page

wish you could change the search engines on the default browser, anyone figure that out yet?
    07-24-09 10:57 AM
    I was also wondering about that.

It would be great to be able to change the default search engine on the BB Browser start page to the mobile version of Google.

The start page is very convenient and this is the only small issue I have with it.

07-24-09 11:16 AM
    I just downloaded the google mobile app. What a great app! I will use it for local searches and the default browser for everything else.
    07-24-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD