Please can anyone help me debrand my unlocked blackberry 9630?? with the configuration.xml or help me installing swconfig please??? its going to be very simpatical...

Thanks in advance
    01-28-11 03:04 PM
    You cannot legally debrand your BlackBerry.
    01-28-11 05:01 PM
    Please can anyone help me debrand my unlocked blackberry 9630?? with the configuration.xml or help me installing swconfig please??? its going to be very simpatical...

Thanks in advance
    There's a whole separate forum on this subject...

Blackberry OS and Desktop Management Software Discussion - Blackberry Unlocking

Many of the folks who specialize in that area post there, as well as BB users who share their experiences.
    01-30-11 11:00 PM
    You cannot legally debrand your BlackBerry.
    Just curious - why do you think it's illegal? Though the carriers did try to challenge it when folks first started doing it, I thought that the U.S. Register of of Copyrights ruled a few years ago that it was allowable.
    01-30-11 11:04 PM
    Just curious - why do you think it's illegal? Though the carriers did try to challenge it when folks first started doing it, I thought that the U.S. Register of of Copyrights ruled a few years ago that it was allowable.
    Debranding and unlocking are two completely different things.

Unlock: Allows the use of any GSM carrier's SIM card
    Debrand: Removing everything associated with the carrier which the phone is branded by. Mostly the carrier "splash" screen you see for a few seconds when the phone is starting up. This requires software that is only RIM's and not available to the public, it's also very dangerous to use (you can end up with a permanent paper weight very easy).

As you can see the OP's 9630 is already unlocked too.
    01-30-11 11:20 PM
    Huh?

Cite the source please.
    01-31-11 11:32 AM
    Sorry, my bad! I was interpreting "debranding" as "unlocking," since some folks use the term interchangeably. I missed reading that the phone in question was already "unlocked."
    02-01-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD