Okay, I currently use an 8330 and using an app called Speetest; I get download data speeds at home of 100-200 kbits/s and at work I get closer to 400 kbits/s. My question is that if I get the Tour will just having the Rev A 3G make those data speeds faster or am I already getting just the speed that is available at those locations?
    07-05-09 06:24 PM
    You'll have a noticeable speed increase, for a couple reasons. Yes, Rev. A will help. Downloads are faster, but in addition to that, uploads are MUCH faster. And if the browsing you do is on the device itself (not tethered to a laptop), the new browser is said to be the best one on a BB yet.
    07-05-09 06:35 PM
    So, as long as I have a stable connection, can I expect the data speeds to be faster with the Tour?
    07-05-09 06:56 PM
    Here is a link to where you can download the Speedtest program. It's pretty slick.
    Xtreme Labs Inc. — Applications
    07-05-09 07:22 PM
    So, as long as I have a stable connection, can I expect the data speeds to be faster with the Tour?
    yeah, that pretty much sums it up. The REV A is responsible for most of it but the faster CPU can help with certain types of pages.
    07-05-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD