Hi folks,

I'm not just a BB newbie, I'm a BB pre-newbie. I'm a twelve-year CellOne/Alltel customer in rural Wyoming, and I had been using a Palm Treo 700wx running WM5.0. Other than perfectly syncing to Outlook 2000, it had flaky RF and downright rotten Bluetooth that always turned itself off and lost contact with my Xlink Gateway.

I want to move to a 9630 Tour, IF it'll work with my zBoost repeater okay at home, and stay connected to my Gateway for more than an hour. Users have told me BB has solid BT, so I suspect that will work out fine. They're offering me 15 days to try it and then return it AND get back out of contract if it won't work.

Alltel offers three BB Data Service Plans: Personal, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus. I own two domains/websites that I use POP3 email with. I'm not looking for Push Email (though it would be nice) and I'm guessing that the Personal Plan is what I want. I've asked three different Alltel reps, and naturally, three different answers!

So long as I can check my POP3 mail, browse the Web, sync with Outlook 2000 (just contacts & calendar), and HOPEFULLY use my existing pre-paid SIM when I'm overseas on GSM, the Tour will solve my problems and I can become an addict.

Thanks in advance for any advice. It's greatly appreciated!
    05-21-10 12:17 PM
    I _BELIEVE_ enterprise is if you have a corporate account and server. But if this is just your phone, it probably is the personal or BIS account you want.

The TOUR does not have WIFI. So unless your remote location does actually have DATA service, you might not have email or web.
    05-21-10 02:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply. EVDO here, no problem. I'll give the 9630 a try. I was just surfing with a friends Tour here at the ranch, so it should work out.
    05-21-10 09:42 PM
    If you are on a BES, you need the Enterprise plan. If you are using BIS only, the personal plan should work just fine.
    05-22-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD