This is my first BB. I had a regular cellphone with limited data access for which Verizon charged about $2.99/MB (I think). I now have an "unlimited" data plan. Is this truly unlimited or is there any surcharge for high usage via streaming applications like Pandora/You Tube? I love the apps but I don't want to get hit with a surprise if I use them too much.

Thanks.
    07-16-09 08:53 AM
    I believe the cap is 5gb

You should have zero problems unless you are streaming Pandora 24/7
    07-16-09 08:56 AM
    This is my first BB. I had a regular cellphone with limited data access for which Verizon charged about $2.99/MB (I think). I now have an "unlimited" data plan. Is this truly unlimited or is there any surcharge for high usage via streaming applications like Pandora/You Tube? I love the apps but I don't want to get hit with a surprise if I use them too much.

Thanks.
    There is a 5gb cap if you are on the $30.00 data plan. But the chances of you going over that are very slim unless you are doing a ton of tethering using a third party tethering application. You would have to do a whole lot of streaming for it to ever reach that mark.
    07-16-09 08:57 AM
    To clear up the MYTH the 5gb cap is for the mobile broadband plan. There is NO cap on the Blackkbery data plan.
    07-16-09 09:16 AM
    To clear up the MYTH the 5gb cap is for the mobile broadband plan. There is NO cap on the Blackkbery data plan.
    This is correct and you can confirm it by logging into myverizon on a desktop you can see the words unlimited all over your account - including on the 30 dollar BIS plan.
    07-16-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD