Obviously most of this is already known, but it's still nice to look at!

Size (L x W x D): 112 x 62 x 14.2 mm
    Weight: 130 grams
    Memory: 256 MB internal Flash memory
    Expandable Memory: microSD located under the battery door cover
    Battery: 1400 mAh removable/rechargeable cryptographic lithium cell
    Battery Life: TBD
    Keyboard: 35 key backlit QWERTY
    Display: High resolution HVGA 480�360 pixel
    Camera: 3.2 MP camera, flash auto focus
    GPS: Assisted, autonomous and simultaneous GPS enabled with preloaded BlackBerry Application for e911 capabilities
    Media Player: Video format support MPEG4; Audio format support MP3, AAC AAC+ etc
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth V2.0; mono/stereo headset, hands-free, PBAP
    Headset: 3.5mm stereo headset capable
    USB Port: Enables charging and high-spead data synchronization via USB “A” to micro USB “B” cable
    Network Support:
    Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks
    Single-band: 2100 MHz
    UMTS/HSPA networks
    Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz
    CDMA/EVDO Rev A networks

Full specs of the BlackBerry Tour leak out : Boy Genius Report
    06-04-09 05:36 PM
    can someone please break down exactly what the following means?

"GPS: Assisted, autonomous and simultaneous GPS enabled "

What kind of GPS does my Pearl 8130 have, the same?
    06-04-09 05:42 PM
    They refer to the Bell release in the article, But no effin Verizon! AHHH!
    06-04-09 05:45 PM

I think that means that you won't have to activate the GPS yourself as well as apps being able to activate it at will and the e911 thing as well.

Basically, I think it means it will work seamlessly, without users fussing with the settings.
    06-04-09 08:13 PM
    I think that means that you won't have to activate the GPS yourself as well as apps being able to activate it at will and the e911 thing as well.

Basically, I think it means it will work seamlessly, without users fussing with the settings.

this would be hot. I hope its true! I don't even use gps on my phone because its kind of a pain to turn radio on then turn off etc...
    06-04-09 08:46 PM
    this would be hot. I hope its true! I don't even use gps on my phone because its kind of a pain to turn radio on then turn off etc...
    I know what you mean. then you forget to turn off and wonder why the battery is drained so fast. LOL. Be nice to have the phone do the thinking/remembering for us.
    06-04-09 08:49 PM
    Thanks jorGeorge! Even though most of this has been known already, for some reason it's still the most exciting leak in a while.

For those that have been asking about the size of the Tour, the dimensions are virtually identical to the Storm, although significantly lighter at 4.6oz vs 5.5oz.

The only thing I'm wondering is the diagonal screen size. I found that the Curve 8900 measures in at 2.4" and the Bold at 2.8", but couldn't find any specs for the Tour. Perhaps somebody can chime in with a measurement?
    06-04-09 09:41 PM

This is good news...

Assisted = uses cell towers in addition to gps, so faster and better battery life

Autonomous = aka "Standalone" This means you don't need carrier network for the gps to work. Therefore, 3rd party apps work

Simultaneous = GPS and voice/data can operate at the same time. One radio doesn't preclude the other.
    06-04-09 09:43 PM
    Why do you need to turn the radio on or off? I think it does that automatically when your not using a gps application. I have never turned it on or off on my gsm berrys or the storm and haven't noticed a negative affect on the battery.
    Now when I use a gps app that's when I notice a severe battery drain
    06-04-09 09:48 PM
    This is good news...

Assisted = uses cell towers in addition to gps, so faster and better battery life

Autonomous = aka "Standalone" This means you don't need carrier network for the gps to work. Therefore, 3rd party apps work

Simultaneous = GPS and voice/data can operate at the same time. One radio doesn't preclude the other.
    thank you for the breakdown, and that sounds like a great gps.
    06-04-09 10:22 PM
    thank you for the breakdown, and that sounds like a great gps.
    Agreed, I like the sound of that. Better battery life is always a plus and I won't feel bad about just leaving the GPS radio on all the time since i know i'll use it a lot anyways
    06-04-09 11:49 PM
    Why do you need to turn the radio on or off? I think it does that automatically when your not using a gps application. I have never turned it on or off on my gsm berrys or the storm and haven't noticed a negative affect on the battery.
    Now when I use a gps app that's when I notice a severe battery drain
    when its on I notice a battery drain whether a app is open or not ;/
    06-05-09 04:12 AM
    They refer to the Bell release in the article, But no effin Verizon! AHHH!
    Well if it's a Bell document, which it looks like it is, there'd be no reason for them to mention Verizon. I trust CX and KB that we're still safe with a July release on Big Red.
    06-05-09 07:56 AM
    I can't tell whether the SIM card is included a la the Storm. If not, there is a hidden cost to purchase a SIM card from VZ if you want to use the phone overseas. My local VZ stores charge approx $30 for a SIM card for the 8830.
    06-05-09 10:25 AM
    i missed CX confirming a very possible july release for vzw?
    06-05-09 10:30 AM

basically it means aGPS... when you start up it pulls gps info from the towers you are near, so you get a fast accusition time while the gps reciever is still warming up and starts searching for sats.

Pearl i believe has regular GPS.. not aGPS
    06-05-09 10:30 AM
    i missed CX confirming a very possible july release for vzw?
    He's said it a few times. Most recently has been here.
    Last edited by slinky317; 06-05-09 at 10:44 AM.
    06-05-09 10:36 AM
    thx slinky.

shame on me for missing that.
    06-05-09 10:46 AM
    I can't tell whether the SIM card is included a la the Storm. If not, there is a hidden cost to purchase a SIM card from VZ if you want to use the phone overseas. My local VZ stores charge approx $30 for a SIM card for the 8830.
    It would be nice if it came with the card. Maybe like the storm it's the start of world phones ccoming with cards instead of being and addition to buy.
    06-05-09 11:05 AM
    When I got my 8830 last year and when my colleagues got one after me they all came with the SIM card for free at VZW...
    06-05-09 11:38 AM

it will come with one...

they want you to spend money on there over seas plans..

they aren't going to charge for the card at this point..
    06-05-09 05:25 PM
    Thanks jorGeorge! Even though most of this has been known already, for some reason it's still the most exciting leak in a while.

For those that have been asking about the size of the Tour, the dimensions are virtually identical to the Storm, although significantly lighter at 4.6oz vs 5.5oz.

The only thing I'm wondering is the diagonal screen size. I found that the Curve 8900 measures in at 2.4" and the Bold at 2.8", but couldn't find any specs for the Tour. Perhaps somebody can chime in with a measurement?

I agree does anyone know what the diagonal screen size is for the Tour?
    06-10-09 03:15 PM
    I found out later that day and posted in another thread that the Tour screen is the same size as the Curve 8900 -- 2.4" diagonal.
    06-10-09 03:20 PM
    I have been reading this board religiously for weeks and ever since my sister got a curve from sprint last year, I have fallen in love....the tour seems like my dream phone (I don't need Wifi anyway) and I'm damn sure ready to get rid of this crappy Q9m that I have had for 2 years....7/13 can't come fast enough!
    06-11-09 02:32 AM
    I believe the 8830 and others have the same aGPS setup.
    I saw today that sprint dropped the curve to $50. I hope that means something new is coming very soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 03:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD