Just a kinda random thought but...

Does anyone else think it's funny that when it comes to leaks, release dates, OS releases, and pretty much ANYthing else we here at crackberry want or need to know, VZW is COMPLETELY unhelpful? I mean, how many threads have we seen with "My VZW rep said..." that we all mocked and scoffed at, knowing that we usually get NOTHING from big red.

And yet, at the same time, when VZW releases a new phone, and wants to prove to the masses that it's awesome, where is one of the FIRST places they go? That's right, they "quote the bloggers" and use several different quotes from users of this site. Does that seem a little hypocritical? Where is the love Big Red?

I say we demand insider information if they're going to use our quotes to help sell their products.
    06-30-09 05:44 PM
    Just a kinda random thought but...

Does anyone else think it's funny that when it comes to leaks, release dates, OS releases, and pretty much ANYthing else we here at crackberry want or need to know, VZW is COMPLETELY unhelpful? I mean, how many threads have we seen with "My VZW rep said..." that we all mocked and scoffed at, knowing that we usually get NOTHING from big red.

And yet, at the same time, when VZW releases a new phone, and wants to prove to the masses that it's awesome, where is one of the FIRST places they go? That's right, they "quote the bloggers" and use several different quotes from users of this site. Does that seem a little hypocritical? Where is the love Big Red?

I say we demand insider information if they're going to use our quotes to help sell their products.

not at all..

you have to remember that verizon has agreements with rim and other company'ys that state they wont put information out there. Its more of a NDA then anything I am sure..
    06-30-09 05:53 PM
    Yea, I figured as much, I just think it's kinda funny. Maybe we should sign an NDA with the other BB forums, and then negotiate for information
    06-30-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD