I've searched around, but wanted a confirmation if there was a way to do this for specific contacts. I know you can set custom ringtones for Phone calls and Email messages, but I haven't found a way to do this on my phone yet.

When I had a curve, there was a workaround, but for whatever reason, Blackberry removed that feature.

It really bothers me that Blackberry can't get this portion of their OS usable. From a business standpoint, it would make sense to have different alerting capabilities from different hierarchy's (for normal, urgent, etc).
    11-05-09 03:33 PM
    hahaha opppps wrong thing...there is a app for it idk where to find it tho.
    11-05-09 03:35 PM
    Would that be Smart Alerts?
    11-05-09 03:44 PM
    You dont need a app for custom sms ringtones. I got custom sms tones for almost every1 in my adress book.
    11-05-09 04:19 PM
    Could you tell me how you got that done on the Blackberry Tour?
    11-09-09 01:20 PM
    I have custom ringtones on my Tour. I just went into my contacts, hit the blackberry button on the contact I wanted to edit, clicked on Edit, then scrolled down to Custom Ring Tones/alerts and then to the phone option. That should do it! Hope this helps
    11-09-09 04:30 PM
    Ahh - no wonder why. I'm receiving SMS from Emails (for work) and I need to put the email in the Mobile section of the contact. That solved my problem. Thanks!
    11-09-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD