Question: i saw on a post somewhere -- i cant exactly remember where, but it was somewhere comparing the Tour to the droid & this person said the tour had this feature (if im not mistaken)
    BUT, they were talking about them missing their VIP ringtone access... where they could set their phone on silent, but still send through certain calls (for example work, parents, etc) if an emergency, or whatever reason...

HOW can i get this feature on the 9630?? anyone have any idea what im talking about??? i know the curve 8300 whatever serious has it (the older curve w/ trackball), but couldnt find it anywhere on TOUR & i wsnt sure if you could get an app for it, or what??
    any tips
    03-12-10 07:14 AM
    It is funny, i had this happening by mistake and was so mad. I never thought about it as a VIP or emergency situation.

What you need to do is set contact alerts.

Go into your sound profile>set contact alerts.

For each alert you set you can choose when to play the sound. Active Profile will silence it when you have your profile set to silent, but you can choose to play sound always.

this should give you what you want.
    03-12-10 07:57 AM
    thanks! i will try that out & hopefully it will work! :] i kept looking around all the different loopholes & i never could figure out why it wasn't working, but i can see why that wouldn't work!

thanks again
    03-12-10 12:34 PM
    no problem. I am pretty confident it will fix your issue.
    03-12-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD