My apologies if I missed this somewhere else...

I am using a custom ring tone on my Tour. Interestingly, a few contacts still end up using the default ring tone (for calls) and default tone for other communication methods (e.g. SMS).

I have confirmed the general settings and settings for particular profiles and contacts. All point to the new ring tone. I have also confirmed that the contacts (only a few) have different carriers and phones (not that this would matter).

I cannot seem to identify why just a few (literally a few out of over a hundred) happen to use the system tones. It is only annoying in that they are folks that call me often.

Is there something I might be missing?

Thanks in advance!
    12-09-09 03:31 PM
    Somebody please figure out a fix for this. Driving me nuts!!! I have set a ring tone for my calls, and a bunch of my contacts for some reason now have a custom ring tone (I never gave them one). It's happening to my wifes Tour as well. I'm thinking that this all happened when we upgraded to the latest OS. Please help!
    12-11-09 01:58 AM
    I am actually having the same issue...I am also have a tone for my email notification...sometimes it works and sometimes it don't

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 10:09 AM
    I was having this issue as well as an email issue where I couldn't open a new email unless I re-opened the previous email first. I'd click on the new email and the previous would open. So, two things were done and I'm not sure which actually fixed it. First, I resent the service books. It's unlikely this was the fix, but you never know. Second, I set up a new sound profile and named it after the ringtone I wanted to use. Now, my email and ringtones are working properly. Hope this helps.
    12-11-09 10:54 AM
    what os r u guys running
    12-11-09 04:50 PM
    I'm running .61, the current official OS with Verizon
    12-11-09 05:50 PM
    Also the latest official Verizon version...
    12-13-09 06:45 PM
    This almost caused me to fill an early grave until someone sent me an email that made me laugh it was so simple. Follow this path...

> "Select a Sound Profile"
    > "Set Contact Alerts"

Notice that there's listing(s) in there you NEVER made? =)

What's happening is there's a bug that automatically GIVING some of the entries in your phone book a custom tone without asking you. Just delete them and you're good to go.
    12-13-09 10:56 PM
    Yes its definitely a contact has a custom alert set to it. Right before I ditched my tour the same thing happened when I upgraded to. 61

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD