I recently set a custom Messages notification for my GF...I know I set this up the correct way, by going into 'Sounds', selecting 'Set Contact Alerts' and going from there. The setup is pictured below. According to this setup, a custom alert for messages (other than what I've setup for everyone else in 'Set Ringtones/Alerts') is supposed to chime, depending on the Active Profile. For example - I have the Messages notification set to 'Levitate' for everyone. However, if I have the profile set to Vibrate, the Active Profile setting overrides this, and the phone ONLY vibrates. Same with silent, alerts off, phone only, etc. The same rule is supposed to apply for custom contacts as well, as you can see below...HOWEVER, the function does not appear to work...at all. Regardless of whether or not the phone is in vib, phone only, silent, alerts off, etc - the custom contact alert I've set STILL chimes, even though I've configured it to 'Active Profile'. Going further - I've got my notifications very simply setup - each action (sms, email, phone, gmail, fbook) has their own alert chime when not in the holster. However, if the phone is holstered, each action has their own specific vibration pattern, so when the phone Is holstered, I know what is going on w/o having to look every time if its just a FB notification, etc. I typically have the phone on Normal at all times, but when its holstered, the profile is custom set only to vib. Even with this config, from time to time, an alert will chime that I don't even have assigned to anything, at all. I've checked thoroughly, and everytime its one of the default alerts that is simply NOT assigned anywhere. I know many others have experienced this on pretty much EVERY Tour OS, even the hybrids/leaks and official OS's. My main concern though, is getting the CUSTOM contact alert to follow the 'active profile" setting. That's the whole point of a CUSTOM setting. I want to know when my GF is txting me when my phone is out of holster and on Normal, so I've given her a different notification than everyone else...however, this notification chimes REGARDLESS of which profile I choose, whether IN or OUT of the holster, and this is a clear problem. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mconk; 03-18-10 at 02:57 PM.
    03-18-10 02:53 PM
    Looks like I just answered my own question...volume and count both also need to be set to 'active profile". I didn't even realize those two options had an active profile setting. Seems rather redundant, as the "play sound" category should cover whether or not the alert chimes, based off the active profile. Sigh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD