My sister just called asking me which phone to upgrade to on Sprint. I personally love my Tour, but thought I'd ask the board. Is there any reason to go for one over the other?
    12-13-09 04:48 PM
    some people like the keyboard better on the curve - other than that and price i would say get the tour as it is faster and has more memory
    12-13-09 04:51 PM
    I upgraded from the 8330 to the Tour and I have been happy with my Tour from DAY 1. I have had no problems at all. I loved my old Curve, but the Tour is a far superior device IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 04:52 PM
    The 8330 is a very stable, capable device. It's capabilities are surpassed in every case by the Tour's, but if your sister doesn't need a higher mega-pixel auto-focus camera, or a higher resolution display, and if she doesn't plan to load it with the latest applications, then the stable performance and longer battery life of the 8330 may appeal to her. Otherwise, I'd recommend the Tour.

12-13-09 04:58 PM
    The curve is older tech and is starting to show its age with lesser onboard memory and fewer and fewer OS upgrades becoming available. I would def go with the tour all things being equal

12-13-09 05:55 PM
    Definitely the tour, I've had both and there is no comparison

12-13-09 07:04 PM
    To all those people, yes every one of you...who say the Tour out performs the Curve in every aspect and is an upgrade in every way to the Curve.

As far as function and speed goes, you could not be more wrong.

Tour-
    Slower at browsing the web.
    10X more frustrating at browsing the web.
    Slower at downloading files. (Excel,Word you name it)
    Slower and more frustrating at checking banking or flight status on the web.
    Serious lag when running some apps. A nice little clock will appear and you will be waiting until your device catches up.
    Battery life sucks. Takes 15 minutes to charge when dead to be able to use your phone.
    Also takes 15 minutes to do a reboot.
    OS is less stable and slower than the Curve's, Newer OS is even more unstable. You gotta love your phone when you need to make a call and a clock appears for 10 minutes and wont even let you shut your phone off. This is my 3rd Tour and they all have the same problems I am listing here.

I had trackball issues with one Tour but all others have had good trackballs.

Unless you need a better camera. Save your money and go with a device that, when you tell it to do something....it does it. Without making you wiat until it is ready. Go with the Curve.

I've had the Curve on Sprint, my wife still has it. The Curve is faster than my Tour on Verizon. That same Curve was slower than my Curve on Verizon. That should tell you something right there.

Good Luck... take advantage of the 30-Day return policy.
    12-13-09 08:06 PM

Tour-
    Serious lag when running some apps. A nice little clock will appear and you will be waiting until your device catches up.
    Battery life sucks. Takes 15 minutes to charge when dead to be able to use your phone.
    OS is less stable and slower than the Curve's, Newer OS is even more unstable. You gotta love your phone when you need to make a call and a clock appears for 10 minutes and wont even let you shut your phone off. This is my 3rd Tour and they all have the same problems I am listing here.

Unless you need a better camera. Save your money and go with a device that, when you tell it to do something....it does it. Without making you wiat until it is ready. Go with the Curve.

I've had the Curve on Sprint, my wife still has it. The Curve is faster than my Tour on Verizon. That same Curve was slower than my Curve on Verizon. That should tell you something right there.

Noobs you could not be any more wrong.

every one of your issues you list is not true in any way shape or form
    12-13-09 08:11 PM
    i have a tour (Personal use) and an 8330 (job) and off the top the curve just looks and feels so cheap, the curve should have come in a fisher price box that said ("my first smartphone!"- for adults ages 18-till). lmao
    12-13-09 08:11 PM
    To all those people, yes every one of you...who say the Tour out performs the Curve in every aspect and is an upgrade in every way to the Curve.

Tour-

Well, I agree with the masses. My tour is much faster than my 8330 Curve from Sprint in every aspect. Sorry your experience is so different than most of ours.

12-13-09 08:13 PM

Tour-

I'm sorry that you've had so many issues with your tour, but for me I could not disagree more...I went from the curve to the storm2 and now to the tour and in my opinion the tour is by far the more reliable device to have. Personally, I have not had any issues at all with the tour...everything is faster than on my curve, the build quality is better, and more memory available to run more apps....but I understand all phones are not created equal.

12-13-09 08:14 PM
    the curve is only an entry device into the Blackberry world. Its the baby of them all. Its good for starters who have never had a Blackberry before, but besides that, its just a basic starter Blackberry
    12-13-09 08:14 PM

Tour-

Ummm... I went from 8330 to Tour and I haven't had ANY of these issues with the Tour. Sounds to me like you are describing the CURVE. Basic entry level device/intro to Blackberry, but definitely not on par with the Tour!
    12-13-09 08:37 PM
    The Tour is the higher end device, but the Curve is still an amazing phone. If the price isn't an issue, I'd get the Tour. Curve's gotten pretty outdated...
    12-13-09 08:45 PM
    Well for the one guy that says everyone is wrong and the curve is better then good for u. But obviously since ur the only one who thinks that way ur sorely mistaken. Read the black and white specs on the device and ur arguments will be proven wrong

12-13-09 08:58 PM
    If the curve is free, then maybe consider it. But if you got to pay anything, I recommend the tour. I had a 8330 for two years, great phone, but I like the tour better.
    12-13-09 09:20 PM
    Just go with the tour and you'll be happy.
    12-13-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD