when i start to dial a number even if the number is in my phone it wont recognize it. it just immidiately says * No Contacts * can this be fixed?

also vcast song id doesnt work it just freezes on anaylizing music dna

and also i installed app world and it doesnt appear anywhere even though it says its installed.
    10-15-09 05:24 PM
    when i start to dial a number even if the number is in my phone it wont recognize it. it just immidiately says * No Contacts * can this be fixed?

also vcast song id doesnt work it just freezes on anaylizing music dna

and also i installed app world and it doesnt appear anywhere even though it says its installed.
    1. Not sure about the "No Contacts" issue, but try a battery pull.

2. Delete VCast from your applications list and reinstall it. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

3. Have you checked in the downloads folder? Also, hit your menu you key in the appliactions screen and click "Show All". It could be hidden.

Hope this helps!
    10-15-09 05:58 PM
    1. Are you sure you are in the phone screen and not the contacts screen?
    10-16-09 11:41 AM
    1. Are you sure you are in the phone screen and not the contacts screen?
    yes, i am on the main home screen then start dialing and it just says "no contacts"
    10-16-09 12:09 PM
    could it be the area code. all the numbers I have stored are stored with the area code. but when i just dial one, I don't dial with the area code.... so they don't exactly match. Just a thought.
    10-16-09 01:34 PM
    i try dialing the exact same way its typed in..but still nothing. actually i just tried dialing w/o area code and it works but i have numbers with all different area codes, how can i fix that? i think it is just looking at the name.
    Last edited by probuild521; 10-16-09 at 03:44 PM.
    10-16-09 03:42 PM
    I just realized that it my BB doesn't recognize incoming sms from people which I have saved their number in the contact. The reason was I didn't have the country code included in the contact.
    For example, a number of +6012-1234567, +6 is country code, 012 is the carrier code, when I receive a sms from the same number, +6012-1234567, the name of teh sender doesn't show up because the number I saved inside contact was 012-1234567.
    This is lame...
    10-16-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD