hey i have a couple questions, i just got a new tour because of trackball issues, and now all the apps i bought dont work, how do i reget the activation codes? And what about the ones on bb app world?

also, the blackberry tour forums dont work in wap for me on my phone for some reason, the bold and javellin ones do, but not the tour forum... .wierd

also, how do u guys clean ur trackballs?
    08-03-09 02:33 PM
    You should have received emails with activation codes. You would have to contact the app's support people to get the code tied to your new PIN number, if the app is PIN-specific.

If you purchased any from MobiHand, I know they have an account management section on their website that you can log into and change your PIN number for purchased applications.

Cleaning trackballs is moreso a preventative routine than a cleaning routine. Wash your hands and try not to use the trackball with dirty fingers to start with. If you must clean it, I hear rubbing alcohol works - but I have not tried it nor can I attest to how well it works.

And of course, the best way to keep debris out of your new device is not to disassemble it. Say, to put a new bezel on or something.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by danoh; 08-03-09 at 02:40 PM.
    08-03-09 02:36 PM
    I clean my trackballs
    08-03-09 02:38 PM
    You should have received emails with activation codes. You would have to contact the app's support people to get the code tied to your new PIN number, if the app is PIN-specific.

If you purchased any from MobiHand, I know they have an account management section on their website that you can log into and change your PIN number for purchased applications.

Hope that helps!
    helps alot thanks,
    this is pretty annoying though, i bought a few off mobihand so that will be easy, but the rest are all gonna be a pain in the *** . lots of emails to send lol

I clean my trackballs
    lol, thanks for letting me know, but how???
    08-03-09 02:39 PM

Cleaning trackballs is moreso a preventative routine than a cleaning routine. Wash your hands and try not to use the trackball with dirty fingers to start with. If you must clean it, I hear rubbing alcohol works - but I have not tried it nor can I attest to how well it works.

And of course, the best way to keep debris out of your new device is not to disassemble it. Say, to put a new bezel on or something.

Hope that helps!
    didnt catch your edit. ya, ive been washing my hands alot more often then before i got my tour lol.

i was thinking of just not putting the titanium bezel on anyways now, my brother got one for his 8900 and its not the nicest looking thing, plus from the looks of it the build of the two phones is similar and his was really hard to take apart and reassemble, small mistake couldve broken it easily
    08-03-09 02:50 PM
    This is why I keep all my activation codes in an excel file file. Not to be after the fact but I know what a pain it is to try and track down all the makers.

You can use a memo note on your BB, they get transferred when you get a new BB.
    08-03-09 07:21 PM
    yep i have a memo note of all my codes, but they dont work on my new one. i just emailed all the developers, and ive received half of the new codes within 1 hr.
    08-03-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD