I get this message a few times a week. I'm not really running apps while getting this. A battery pull usually does the trick, but occasionally, it'll say it right after I do a battery pull. Anybody else having this issue?
    08-06-09 11:49 PM
    If you are comfortable with doing it I would wipe and reload your OS. My 8900 did this when I first got it and I have had no problems since I reloaded my OS
    08-06-09 11:54 PM
    If you are comfortable with doing it I would wipe and reload your OS. My 8900 did this when I first got it and I have had no problems since I reloaded my OS
    I've been toying with the idea, just a matter of deciding if I want to bother with it, as I've been kinda thinking I might go to VZW and try to swap it out since my screen rippling is pretty bad too.
    08-06-09 11:58 PM
    If the ripple is bad you might as well give it a shot. You could reinstall your OS and still have the ripple drive you nuts every day. Good luck
    08-07-09 12:00 AM
    How do you wipe the OS and reinstall? I looked everywhere in BB desktop manager.. at least I thought I did.
    08-20-09 11:11 AM
    How do you wipe the OS and reinstall? I looked everywhere in BB desktop manager.. at least I thought I did.
    First download and install the verizon tour OS. There's a stick up top that has it.

Backup your phone in desktop manager

Download JL cmdr - which you use to completely wipe the OS off the phone.

I used shrink os to load the OS since it's alot easier that way.
    08-20-09 11:25 AM
    Are you using slacker? I had the same problem even exchanged my tour because of it, had the same problem with the second phone. The only time my camera would work was right after a battery pull, until I would use slacker. It did not work when slacker was open or closed after I used it, only before I would use slacker after a battery pull. I uninstalled slacker and now use pandora and have had no camera issues since.
    Last edited by silverdeere; 08-20-09 at 01:09 PM. Reason: na
    08-20-09 01:07 PM
    How long does JL cmdr take to wipe?
    08-20-09 02:34 PM
    +1 on silverdeere's reply. I had this camera issue a few times also and evrytime I had it was after extensive Slacker use. I think that's the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 03:46 PM
    ditto to the issue with slacker usage. Stop using it till they update the app. It hangs up to often anyway.
    09-02-09 12:50 PM
    had the same problem, received the error message that the camera application could not load...used slacker prior to the issue, pullled battery and camers works...will uninstall slacker now...
    09-12-09 08:13 PM
    I am still getting no camera use after many many battery pulls. It worked at first then now i get the error no matter what. SHould i try to redo my OS?
    is there a link to do that? I dont have slacker...no clue what that is even.
    thanks
    11-03-09 01:16 PM
    Yes...I have this issue as well. It started when I was running 5.0.0.328. I installed the new .419 hoping that the process would fix my camera problem off the bat.

As soon as the phone was finished updating OS's. I tried the camera and no joy. I am running slacker from time to time. I have done multiple battery pulls to try to use my camera. No senario has worked so far. So now I am going to wipe....I hate doing that!....also...this is the first issue I have ever had with my Storm. I have had this bad boy for a year and; one os, beta, hybrid to another, it has worked great. I'm kinda pumped over a new challenge!
    01-03-10 01:04 PM
    Yeah I agree with all of the slacker responses. I was in NYC on vacation and was going to take some really cool pictures (day of Yankees WS parade) but I couldn't because the error kept coming back up! Needless to say, I have uninstalled Slacker and installed Pandora. 100 times better.
    01-04-10 05:58 AM
    I don't have Sacker installed and I am having the same error. Many battery pulls doesn't work either. I am eager for a simple fix.
    01-09-10 07:33 AM
    I don't have Slacker installed and I am having the same error. Many battery pulls doesn't work either. I am eager for a simple fix.
    You might want to list what, if any, 3rd party apps you have added to the phone. Maybe one of them is the problem app. Do you have the official OS on the phone?
    01-09-10 08:57 AM
    The only 3rd party apps on my Storm are Weather Bug and Yahoo IM. I am removing them to see if that is the fix. As for the official OS, the phone is loaded with whatever was on it, new out of the box.
    Last edited by vintagesteel; 01-09-10 at 09:10 AM. Reason: amplifying information
    01-09-10 09:02 AM
    You might try stopping or removing one or both of those and see if that resolves the issue. Reboot after do anything.

This is the TOUR subforum. There might be similar camera threads for the Storm which might be more on point. But some of these problems are common amongst the various BB's.

I don't use Slacker but it must grab something critical to the camera operation unless it is a real and total memory hog. So there may be something about the way your apps interact but who knows why? (edited to add). Are you sure that you have TOUCH versions of your apps, if there are special versions for the Storm - some do.

Since your post number is low, it could also be a problem with the phone if it is new. That would mean really filtering out 3rd party apps for testing.

Good luck
    01-09-10 09:16 AM
    I have had the phone since April 2009. But my post number is low simply because I just lurk here. I had used the camera extensively over the Holidays with no problems. And then suddenly it mysteriously stops working. All in all, I have really enjoyed the Storm.
    01-09-10 09:51 AM
    Anything change over the holidays? Did you move photos off the Storm - might there be too many? Just speculating.... I guess that would be another test - move stuff off the card to computer, clean card (format) and see if that clears things up.
    01-09-10 11:38 AM
    I'm having the same problem as well and i dont have slacker.Im gonna try clearing memory card then format, if that doesnt work, im wiping the entire OS, just because i cant be bothered with uninstalling apps and waiting for that long restart after each app.
    01-26-10 04:24 PM
    I am also getting the same error.. I got fix a couple of weeks ago.. how do i determine which application is causing the rror..
    I have linkedin,facebook,twiter,blackberryapp world and blackberry help. How do i stop any of them to see if that helps?
    06-22-10 12:14 PM
    I ran the phone with the update software and no software update available.. current version is 4.6 on my BB Bold9000... i have back up the data.. and want to do a factory reset..how can i do it?
    06-22-10 12:35 PM
    sorry to bring up an old post, but my coworker is going through this right now, and her phone is barebones stock. I just used JL cmdr and wiped the phone, disconnected the phone from my computer and tried to launch the camera, and same thing. She's using OS 4.6 (newest official from RIM in the 4.6 family) She didn't have any apps installed, she uses it to txt and talk. Doesn't even have BIS or BES on the phone.
    08-12-10 10:33 AM
    hi..same problem is with my blackberry 9530.when i open camera it shows that it could not be opened.close other apps and try again.i tried battery pull.it starts working but when i take picture or switch to video camera it shows certain error message and get restarted..can anyone have the permanent solution for this problem?i have already inserted 2gb memory card.still not working
    04-20-13 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD